Hardware sizing requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

victork

Feb 12, 2023
Hi All,

Would like to find out the cloud server requirements that can handle up to 5000 register extensions and up to 2000 concurrent calls, or is there any hardware sizing tool that i could use?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Victor

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
You can use SIPP against a working installation to simulate a large number of sessions. It's got some inbuilt scenarios that should work well against FusionPBX.

There's a number of limits set in FreeSWITCH which you will have to modify too, out of the box 30 sessions max, and I would really recommend putting FreeSWITCH database in PostgreSQL too (script supplied with installer called dsn.sh)

geomat

Jul 26, 2019
www.linkedin.com
Additionally to what @hfoster suggested above I would recommend to consider the following:
1. If you are going to have transcoding you should also incude this in your tests. Transcoding will increase the CPU load.
2. In a real environment, if your PBX is opened (your SIP ports are accessible by any IP) you are going to receive attacks. This will increase memory consumption due to the load of the Fail2Ban.
3. If you will provide access to the FusionPBX UI probably CPU and RAM will be affected if you have a local DB installation and your users use frequently apps like Call Detail Records and CDR statistics.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
dsn.sh is the script to convert fusionpbx to a PostgreSQL core. Grab the SQL password from /etc/fusionpbx/config.php, run the script and paste the password when prompted several times. Reboot and freeswitch should store core data in PostgreSQL instead.

SQLite has problems with concurrency at scale which is often a problem with multidomain, but also large single domain deployments.

Reactions: wouam31

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
The Fusionpbx (extension config) part is, the Freeswitch part isn't!

Historical FreeSwitch oddity.

Reactions: wouam31
Status
Not open for further replies.