Hello from Bristol, UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonj

Mar 23, 2022
Hi Everyone,
My name is Simon and we are a small telecoms service provider from Bristol in the UK.

We are looking to implement FusionPBX as a cornerstone of our cloud telephony offering along with Ringotel for softphone clients.

We are not coders and being a small team we have limited resource time wise but are keen to learn and share, while supporting the project financially also through subscription.

Thanks,

Simon

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Hi Simon and Welcome.
I spent some time working in Bristol and Plymouth in the early 90s, nice part of the world.

Adrian (Nottinghamshire UK).

simonj

Mar 23, 2022
Hi Adrian,
We are on the border to the east so we have the option of Bristol and Bath easily on our doorstep which is great.

We are keen to ramp up quickly with FusionPBX and are going to need some consultancy to assist with planning and setup. Do you or anyone else know the best route/person for this?

Cheers,

Simon

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
We provide consultancy, but are far too busy to take on new clients at the moment. I do try to help people on here as much as possible.

Getting a basic Fusion membership and then watching the training videos is probably the quickest route. Always bear in mind that the core VoIP process is handled by FreeSWITCH, so getting a good understanding of that helps, especially for use in non FusionPBX environments.

If you have yet to deploy, then good planning will make your future life easier. Think about the sort of clients you want (24 hour businesses do not give you downtime for upgrades etc.). Who will you use for your back haul? A poor carrier will soon reflect badly on your business.

Think also about fallback, failover and backup. Will you duplicate everything in two geographically separate data centres? If you don't intend to at day one, plan your infrastructure so resilience can be easily integrated in the future.

Just a little food for thought...

simonj

Mar 23, 2022
Hi Adrian,
Thanks for getting back to me and appreciate your time.

Have been going through the training videos so I will go back and look again.

We currently have a softswitch from Sippysoft and have around 40 client PBX's (mostly 3CX) hanging off that and I am struggling getting calls to route inbound, outbound are OK (no callerID) and it seems to point to a 407 Proxy Authentication issue from the sip trace.

So will look again and then I will add a new forum thread if I am still stuck but either way I am keen to have a relationship that can provide consultancy and support when we need it.

Cheers,

Simon

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Alright my lover, Ex-Swindonian here.

Only tips I can give is get used to the diagnostic tools before you have an issue. 'sngrep' /var/log/freeswitch, 'fs_cli', etc.

I'd highly recommend setting up a raw FreeSWITCH PBX to get a good grasp of what FusionPBX actually adds to FreeSWITCH. Sometimes FusionPBX is providing the script to do all the logic, other times it's simply calling a built in feature of a FreeSWITCH module, other times it's just creating XML files on the fly that FreeSWITCH requests.

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell

simonj

Mar 23, 2022
Hi hoster,
Thanks for the advice. we already use sngrep so part way there!!

Will also look into setting up a FreeSWITCH PBX.

Cheers,

Simon

finnsloss

Oct 17, 2019
Hi Simon,

Take a look at the "Advanced > Access Controls" page. In the "lan" group.
If you add the IP address of the SBC into this list as an allow, it will allow calls in from that IP address.
Add "x.x.x.x/32" as allow (amend with your IP address).

You also need to define "Inbound Routes" for each external number, telling it what to terminate on (extension / ring group / announcement etc).

Hope this helps?

Thanks,
Finn

simonj

Mar 23, 2022
Hi Finn,
Apologies for late reply. Yes we worked this out in the end and managed to get IP auth sip trunk working with domain.

Appreciate you taking the time.

Thanks,

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.