Helppp - Fusion using ports NOT within range in docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

5280pbx

Feb 4, 2019
Opened ports per docs - https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/firewall.html

But inbound didn't work. Watched firewall for activity and saw ports completely outside of these ranges were being used. Opened those. Made a joke that these would change on its own. Sure enough, no one at client's office could receive inbound calls this morning.

Extremely frustrating :/

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
The ports in the documentation are correct for a default install. FusionPBX has no control over what ports your inbound providers sends to.

5280pbx

Feb 4, 2019
The ports in the documentation are correct for a default install. FusionPBX has no control over what ports your inbound providers sends to.
Of course. Hence my posting this. This is where there is an issue. Is it possible for a setting in Fusion to have been changed? Is there such a setting? It's not the provider..........

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Are you behind NAT? If so it is likely thet YOUR router is changing the ports. It has nothing to do with FusionPBX. FusionPBX will use exactly the ports it is defined to use.

5280pbx

Feb 4, 2019
It's a Sonicwall which I've learned are pain in the asses. The ports are opened, as well as the other recommended settings. We just changed the phones back to TCP for now

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I have VoIP customers that have experienced problems with Sonicwall, this is the check list I normally go through:

• Set UDP timeout to 350 seconds. (You may need to do this in both General and Firewall settings)
  • Check (enable) Disable Source Port Remap.
  • Check (enable) Enable Consistent NAT.
  • Uncheck (disable) Enable SIP Transformations.
  • If load balancing is in use ensure the NAT type is "Sticky IP".
I have encountered situations (proven by packet capture) where, whilst the Sonicwall configured to perform Consistent NAT, it was not always behaving consistently. Intermittently, the Sonicwall appeared to map by both source and destination, thus creating the appearance of Symmetric NAT, but then it will map by source only, and often appeared to alternate between the two. I found no solution to this other that route VoIP traffic via a MikroTik router, thus bypassing the Sonicwall.

Status
Not open for further replies.