SOLVED Hiding specific calls from the CDRs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Anyone got any ideas on how to stop specific calls (vulnerable people charities, police, domestic abuse, etc) being logged in the CDRs? I'm not sure this functionality exists in the xml_cdr module for freeswitch.

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
Maybe make new var for call direction?
Something like outbound_em in outbound dialplan..

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Not that this will help you but more than the call actually not being in the billing system, are you actually stopping the agents seeing the caller ID?

I just mention it as this was a requirement I had for a client with the same sort of call.

I have nothing that will help you though as I did mine on the billing system. If you have a separate billing system tyhough you may want to do similar, or even maybe on fusionpbx. Just make the caller ID anonymous on its way into the pbx, that way you won't have to mess with the CDR at all.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Nah, it's not like that. It's more for a residential use case, in that a person calls a charity for domestic abuse, and the abuser sees the call in the logs or bills; Ofcom regulation in the UK. The billing systems we have a fine for it, it's just allowing users to see the FusionPBX CDRs as well might be an issue.

What I may end up doing, is running a cronjob and purging records probably via Mikeme's suggestion of the direction. I'll just set the direction to 'sensitive' or something and every 5 minutes give it a clean...perhaps even directly just purge the sensitive destinations directly instead of setting the direction var.

I was really hoping there would just be a FreeSwitch var to say 'don't log this please!'

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Ah, I see, mine is the case where we are the domestic abuse service itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.