HOMER! Halp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutt

May 10, 2018
I'm super stumped.

The standalone agent isn't working well for me. It does a fine job of capturing SIP, but I have encrypted legs and WebRTC legs. I'd rather FreeSWITCH send the HEP packets than a sniffer. I specifically do not want captagent installed, and want FreeSWITCH to do it.

in sofia.xml I have:
<param name="capture-server" value="udp:x.x.x.x:9060;hep=3;capture_id=100"/>

and in fusionpbx internal i have sip-capture=yes

Additionally, I have memcache flush, reloadxml, restarted FreeSWTICH, and rebooted server.

I've tried without the hep=3 and capture_id attributes as well in the param field.

nothing at all gets sent.

I've also tried sofia global capture on

help?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Its not in that file, its in a lua file but you really do want to user captagent, the built in freeswitch one is ancient and doesn't do any of the advanced stuff.

Can't get any rtp stats etc.

This is the file you want:

Code:
/usr/share/freeswitch/scripts/app/xml_handler/resources/scripts/configuration/sofia.conf.lua

mutt

May 10, 2018
Its not in that file, its in a lua file but you really do want to user captagent, the built in freeswitch one is ancient and doesn't do any of the advanced stuff.

Can't get any rtp stats etc.

This is the file you want:

Code:
/usr/share/freeswitch/scripts/app/xml_handler/resources/scripts/configuration/sofia.conf.lua
You sir, are the man. Thank you.

mutt

May 10, 2018
Doing what you suggested worked, I've also added hepipe.js, and then added a config.js with

var config = {
hep_config: {
debug: true,
HEP_SERVER: 'xxxxxxx',
HEP_PORT: xxxxx
},
esl_config: {
debug: true,
ESL_SERVER: '127.0.0.1',
ESL_PORT: 8021,
ESL_PASS: 'xxxxxxxx',
HEP_PASS: 'xxxxxxxx',
HEP_ID: 2222,
report_call_events: true,
report_rtcp_events: true,
report_qos_events: true
}
};

module.exports = config;

This gives more detail, probably closer to what the capagent gives.

Homer is pretty nice looking ,but almost unusable. That date search thing is a huge PITA.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I have to admit, I have given up on homer and gone back to a rotating capture as @Ian Oakes has detailed on here. it seems much more efficient and I just need it for troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.