Host Desking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
Hello,

I am just looking at FusionPBX. One of the features mentioned is that it supports hot desking, but all the instructions I find for it are for older versions; I have come to understand that the hot desking module has been completely re-written.

Are there any instructions (video, HOWTO, etc.) that show how to do hot desking in the latest versions of FusionPBX?

Thanks! :)

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Sorry, at the moment I am unaware of how to do it, its some of that closely guarded stuff that you have to part with $$$ to access. Unfortunately, I'm no longer part of that club as then I would be unable to help you guys. I'll have a hunt through the source to see what I can find.

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
Sorry, at the moment I am unaware of how to do it, its some of that closely guarded stuff that you have to part with $$$ to access.

Hrm, how many more of those closely guarded features are there? If this is something that paying for an hour of support and talking to someone would resolve, I might be willing to do that.

I am looking at possibly switching to FusionPBX from FreePBX, as I have been finding FreePBX does some quirky stuff that just should not happen (not just on one deployment, but on several deployments, which makes me think it is FreePBX and not a specific install)

Unfortunately, I'm no longer part of that club as then I would be unable to help you guys. I'll have a hunt through the source to see what I can find.

If there is something you can find about that, that would be great. From what I can see of the feature list (and my test instance I did the other day), the "missing" hot desking is almost the last missing piece (we have two clients who *really* rely upon that feature). The multi-tenancy is a really nicely-added bonus too :)

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
FusionPBX is very powerful and can be taken very far, for example, many of us have clustered instances, even cross data center etc, and yes there are quite a few undocumented features.

I do recommend the training to those that can afford to, there is an official admin and advanced class and very rarely, a developer one too. They are all well worth it.

Much of the undocumented stuff is not deliberate omission, rather than the fact that it just hasn't been documented, resources are scarce, most people just suck from the project without ever giving anything at all back. I'm just thankful for the source, the rest I can usually work out for myself.

Also, getting a couple of hours paid support may well be a way to resolve it too.

Last edited:

kobus.morgan

Feb 1, 2017
Hi All,

Hope everyone is staying healthy in the lockdown....

I was wondering if anyone ever documented the how-to guide for the Hot Desking on Fusionpbx? The docs I find on google arent very helpful and only a small explanation on the official fusion docs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kobus

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Sorry, this is locked behind a paywall so it wouldn't be appropriate for us to document it on here.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Hot Desking is part of the Admin Training class this is available to all members. The class is recorded and available when someone signs up they can become a member then logout and back in to get the new permissions. Once logged in again you can click on 'Admin Videos'.

jeetz

Oct 15, 2019
hi @markjcrane this HotDesking is it still available?

And if yes, can I have 1 extension and 5 users over it. Meaning, morning some diff operator logs in then afternoon some different operator comes and login, when morning one logs out. Is it possible?

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Any amount of people can use it. If its the same extension they would each have the same pin number.

Reactions: jeetz

glennbtn

Aug 7, 2018
Hot Desking is just really re provisioning the phone as another extensions. We have this setup for a customer and works well.

Let me see if I can dig out my notes and give you some guidance. We use Snom's as these seem to work well so can't comment on other brands as we stop it rebooting as part of the hot desk re provision as these handset can cope with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.