Hosted Service: Multi-Tenant vs separate Container ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maani

Nov 12, 2017
Hi
For providing Hosted-PBX service considering security, performance , ease of maintenance and upgrade...according to your real life experience what would you recommend ? all companies in single Fusionpbx running in Multi-Tenant mode or using containers or virtual machines and separate every company IPPBX ?

smn

Jul 18, 2017
I am still trying to figure out how to make multi-tenant work for billing prepay. If you want to do redundant FusionPBX servers then you can only do that practically using multi-tenant.

If one customer per virtual server, billing is much easier for prepay monthly plans and they can use their own trunks if they want. You can also give customers root access if they have their own virtual server and can customize everything to their needs.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
From the very start I have always used multitenant with a trunk per customer to my billing server.

I use a combination of both depending upon what the clients needs/wants are, this i definitely more difficult to maintain though.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
From the very start I have always used multitenant with a trunk per customer to my billing server.

I use a combination of both depending upon what the clients needs/wants are, this i definitely more difficult to maintain though.

What software are you using for the billing server? What happens if that billing server stops working for whatever reason?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I'm using a modified version of pyfreebilling with cross datacenter failover so billing server won't stop :)

kidjake28

Nov 30, 2017
Would pybilling work in a real estate environment where agents use a pin code in order to make long distance calls?

That way the real estate office can print out usage and bill back the agents?

Status
Not open for further replies.