How install another sounds language ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miltonviziak

Sep 2, 2023
After researching and testing things to install more sounds I used the freeswitch script called getsounds.sh which is in the path /usr/src/freeswitch/build/getsounds.sh

running it this way
/usr/src/freeswitch/build/getsounds.sh freeswitch-sounds-en-us-callie-8000-1.0.50.tar.gz /usr/share/freeswitch/sounds/

Davesworld

Feb 1, 2019
After researching and testing things to install more sounds I used the freeswitch script called getsounds.sh which is in the path /usr/src/freeswitch/build/getsounds.sh

running it this way
/usr/src/freeswitch/build/getsounds.sh freeswitch-sounds-en-us-callie-8000-1.0.50.tar.gz /usr/share/freeswitch/sounds/
I'm curious, did your install not install Callie by default?

I use Allison for voice but one thing that I have noticed is that by default the sounds have awfully low volume dancing around -13db when they should peak at just under 0db so as to not clip. I use the debian packages which have 48k FLAC files in them and then use SOX to transcode them to the different sample rate wav files. To the post-install script I did this:

Changed this:
if [ x"$bpath" = x"music" ]
then
flac -s -d -c $f | sox -t wav - -c1 -r$r -b16 -e signed-integer $d/../$r/${w##*/}
else
flac -s -d -c $f | sox -t wav - -c1 -r$r -b16 -e signed-integer $d/$r/${w##*/}
fi

To this:
then
flac -s -d -c $f | sox --norm=-0.10 -t wav - -c1 -r$r -b16 -e signed-integer $d/../$r/${w##*/}
else
flac -s -d -c $f | sox --norm=-0.10 -t wav - -c1 -r$r -b16 -e signed-integer $d/$r/${w##*/}
fi

And then repackaged it.

I downloaded the wav files that are used when using the default build from source install that FusionPBX does now an d opened some of the wav files and they too were at ten db lower than they should be. Both Allison and Callie are the same way and I have not checked the others. I brought it to someone's attention but must have been the wrong person. When I used my Snom M9r the prompts would have been very hard to hear.

I am going to do a plain unmodified install as presented by FusionPBX on a VM and see what sounds are added by default and if one can choose them. Freeswitch went through a lot of trouble and many people including myself helped pay for getting sounds from Allison Smith but Callie is installed by default but her voice was around for years already. The only thing wrong is that after listening to a VM, Allison's prompt tells you to use 5 to delete when it is always 7 but it is the fault of whatever tells it to use which voice prompt for which instruction. I know I donated 1000 dollars to get Allison on Freeswitch.

Reactions: miltonviziak

miltonviziak

Sep 2, 2023
I'm curious, did your install not install Callie by default?

I use Allison for voice but one thing that I have noticed is that by default the sounds have awfully low volume dancing around -13db when they should peak at just under 0db so as to not clip. I use the debian packages which have 48k FLAC files in them and then use SOX to transcode them to the different sample rate wav files. To the post-install script I did this:

Changed this:
then
flac -s -d -c $f | sox -t wav - -c1 -r$r -b16 -e signed-integer $d/../$r/${w##*/}
else
flac -s -d -c $f | sox -t wav - -c1 -r$r -b16 -e signed-integer $d/$r/${w##*/}
fi

To this:
then
flac -s -d -c $f | sox --norm=-0.10 -t wav - -c1 -r$r -b16 -e signed-integer $d/../$r/${w##*/}
else
flac -s -d -c $f | sox --norm=-0.10 -t wav - -c1 -r$r -b16 -e signed-integer $d/$r/${w##*/}
fi

And then repackaged it.

I downloaded the wav files that are used when using the default build from source install that FusionPBX does now an d opened some of the wav files and they too were at ten db lower than they should be. Both Allison and Callie are the same way and I have not checked the others. I brought it to someone's attention but must have been the wrong person. When I used my Snom M9r the prompts would have been very hard to hear.

I am going to do a plain unmodified install as presented by FusionPBX on a VM and see what sounds are added by default and if one can choose them. Freeswitch went through a lot of trouble and many people including myself helped pay for getting sounds from Allison Smith but Callie is installed by default but her voice was around for years already. The only thing wrong is that after listening to a VM, Allison's prompt tells you to use 5 to delete when it is always 7 but it is the fault of whatever tells it to use which voice prompt for which instruction. I know I donated 1000 dollars to get Allison on Freeswitch.

Ohh sorry,
I just used this /usr/src/freeswitch/build/getsounds.sh freeswitch-sounds-en-us-callie-8000-1.0.50.tar.gz /usr/share/freeswitch/sounds/ as an example

in this case you can change this part en-us-callie-8000-1.0.50 can be changed to the language you want
The default installed sound is en-us with Callie's voice

Last edited:

Davesworld

Feb 1, 2019
Ohh sorry,
I just used this /usr/src/freeswitch/build/getsounds.sh freeswitch-sounds-en-us-callie-8000-1.0.50.tar.gz /usr/share/freeswitch/sounds/ as an example

in this case you can change this part en-us-callie-8000-1.0.50 can be changed to the language you want
The default installed sound is en-us with Callie's voice
Oh, ok, I read into it too much.

Reactions: miltonviziak
Status
Not open for further replies.