How many page end points have you ever sent to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Whats the maximum handsets youve ever paged?

I have a customer who would like paging facility to 150 phones. The fusion is cloud hosted, has 1Gb bandwidth, the handsets are all on the same internal subnet and the phones nat'ed with a good 1Gb internet connection.

I've created a page facility for other customers to around 30 phones and that works great and is heavily used. I have never pushed it to 150 phones.

Cheers

Tim

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
About 100, this was through a firewall that could max 100Mbps due to interface restrictions. It was relatively janky when call waiting was enabled, but for the most part worked. It was a bit cacophonous in the office when it happened due to slight delays.

Personally, I think it's much better to pick up something like an ALGO SIP Alerter 8180 and mount them in main areas.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
If a site has more than 20-30 phones and wants "all page" through phones, I just use multicast paging. Tried around 60-70 once through pbx and it wasn't pretty.
If they also have overhead paging then we'll install a Snom PA1 or other adapter to handle the horns/speakers with option to relay to multicast for true all page.

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Thanks both for your advice and experiences. I appreciate it, Ill look into the paging systems.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.