How to configure calls to SIP URIs on other SIP servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

fvgjseduegvhiu

Oct 9, 2023
Hello all,
I am trying to configure FusionPBX to allow me to call users of other SIP servers by SIP URI, such as "12345@example.com". I currently have it set to allow a modified URI, replacing "@" with "-at-", and when using this format my server connects the call. However, when I replace "-at-" with "@" in the dialplan and try to call the corresponding URI, I am given a "forbidden" message, and the logs on FusionPBX state that I must setup the domain I am trying to call as a Domain on my server, and add the extension to my directory under that domain. The server seems to think I want to call myself for some reason. I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I am attaching my working dialplan below, the non-working one is the exact same except for replacing "-at-" with "@". Thank you!
<extension name="outbound-uri" continue="false" uuid="00fc9888-d5a2-4193-a406-ca38b0aa9bf6"> <condition field="destination_number" expression="^([0-9a-zA-Z]+)-at-(.+\..+)$"> <action application="bridge" data="sofia/external/$1@$2"/> </condition> </extension>

cemotyz09

Apr 23, 2020
I've added the sip uri dialplan from the freeswitch vanilla configs after the VM dialplan
Code:
<extension name="external_sip_uri" continue="true" uuid="07e235a2-5638-42ea-a447-05442cc56aa7">
    <condition field="source" expression="mod_sofia"/>
    <condition field="${outside_call}" expression="^$"/>
    <condition field="${domain_exists(${sip_req_host})}" expression="true">
        <anti-action application="bridge" data="sofia/${use_profile}/${sip_to_uri}"/>
    </condition>
</extension>
It doesn't give me the "must setup a domain" error any longer but I've not been able to actually connect with any sip uris. It may be the ones I've tried aren't active any longer, I tried using the ones on nerdvittles for weather, news, etc.

Last edited:

cemotyz09

Apr 23, 2020
I have a dialplan using that uri i just didn't think about it. For some reason the above doesn't work even though I have a test dialplan that performs the same actions just more directly. I copied the freeswitch conference dialplan and just changed destination to the 4444 uri and that works. If you figure out the issue I'd like to know as well please

Status
Not open for further replies.