How to modify P-Asserted-Identity and FROM headers on outbound calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennings9

Jan 24, 2023
When I fill in the field "Outbound Caller ID Name" and "Outbound Caller ID Number" I understand this fills out my FROM and PAID/RPID header automatically.

There are some extensions that I would like a custom FROM and P-Asserted-Identity sent out for Outbound calls - how would I do this?

I have tried various things like unsetting and setting/exporting the sip_h_P-Asserted-Identity variable, which does create a 2nd PAID but does not get rid of the 1st header.

Ideally, when I dial *67 I want it to set Privacy: id like it does but then automatically set the FROM to anonymous@anonymous.invalid rather than leaving the FROM visible but then also leaving the P-Asserted-Identity header intact as the real caller-id.

If the above not possible, just force the headers to be set to what I define for all calls on one specific extension regardless of if *67 is specified or not.

We use FusionPBX for testing, so we need to generate a wide range of scenarios including how calls might arrive from a carrier, hence the request above.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
>We use FusionPBX for testing, so we need to generate a wide range of scenarios including how calls might arrive from a carrier, hence the request above.

Look at https://github.com/SIPp/sipp for this task. You build a porfolio of SIP scenarios and can replay them at will. Very flexible

As for changing FusionPBX behaviour, I think what you will need to do is set the appropriate FreeSWITCH variables in the outbound route in question:

<action application="set" data="sip_from_host=anonymous.invalid">
<action application="set" data="sip_from_user=anonymous">
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/primary/$1"/>

I haven't tried this myself as our trunks reject this.

Jennings9

Jan 24, 2023
>We use FusionPBX for testing, so we need to generate a wide range of scenarios including how calls might arrive from a carrier, hence the request above.

Look at https://github.com/SIPp/sipp for this task. You build a porfolio of SIP scenarios and can replay them at will. Very flexible

As for changing FusionPBX behaviour, I think what you will need to do is set the appropriate FreeSWITCH variables in the outbound route in question:

<action application="set" data="sip_from_host=anonymous.invalid">
<action application="set" data="sip_from_user=anonymous">
<action application="bridge" data="sofia/gateway/primary/$1"/>

I haven't tried this myself as our trunks reject this.
Thanks for the response. I have tried this in my outbound route to test with and it still sends the FROM and P-Asserted-Identity to whatever is specified in the extension's outbound caller ID settings. I also tried the settings in my *67 settings inside of the Dialplan Manager but this didn't work either.

Also, thanks for the suggestion with SIPp, we do use this for load testing already as well as sippy_cup (https://github.com/mojolingo/sippy_cup) to avoid editing the SIPp .xml files

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Just before the bridge in the dialplan set the equivalent ot this:

Code:
<action application="set" data="sip_h_P-Asserted-Identity=sip:blah@whatever" />
<action application="set" data="sip_cid_type=none"/>

The setting cid type to none stops the gateway adding its own pid.

Hope this helps

Jennings9

Jan 24, 2023
Just before the bridge in the dialplan set the equivalent ot this:

Code:
<action application="set" data="sip_h_P-Asserted-Identity=sip:blah@whatever" />
<action application="set" data="sip_cid_type=none"/>

The setting cid type to none stops the gateway adding its own pid.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply.

This is the stage I got to last time, it is adding my 2nd P-Asserted-Identity header fine but still sending my previous FROM and P-Asserted-Identity based on what I am specifying in my extension outbound caller ID settings after adding the 2 things you mentioned. Here's an invite out to the gateway:

Code:
2023/02/01 10:51:10.451700 172.30.0.137:5080 -> externalgateway:5060
INVITE sip:+441214433443@externalgateway SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP mydomain.net:5080;rport;branch=z9hG4bKer1ce9eN2Sj5F
Max-Forwards: 69
From: "Jennings9" <sip:01214433443@fusionpbx.mydomain.net>;tag=XS3cU8X0cy90N
To: <sip:+441214433443@externalgateway>
Call-ID: 2e000a18-1cc1-123c-a6b1-06e346e48953
CSeq: 63070543 INVITE
Contact: <sip:gw+dd5063ee-7b4d-442e-9e02-77b2f1783ce9@mydomain:5080;transport=udp;gw=dd5063ee-7b4d-442e-9e02-77b2f1783ce9>
User-Agent: FreeSWITCH
Allow: INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, OPTIONS, MESSAGE, INFO, UPDATE, REGISTER, REFER, NOTIFY
Supported: path, replaces
Allow-Events: talk, hold, conference, refer
Privacy: none
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Disposition: session
Content-Length: 297
X-FS-Support: update_display,send_info
P-Asserted-Identity: "Jennings9" <sip:01214433443@fusionpbx.mydomain.net>
P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:blah@whatever>

Jennings9

Jan 24, 2023
Where did you add the settings?
Dialplan -> Outbound Routes

Then I picked the outbound route that would've taken the call. Is this the right place?

This is not ideal for me to be honest as I wanted to make it for one specific extension only but I just wanted to at least get it working somehow.

I would have just create another outbound route that shares the gateway but matches on *67 instead and just force it to do this on *67 calls only.

Status
Not open for further replies.