How to pass parameter for inbound call to softphone client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnylee194

Nov 23, 2022
Hi, all

I have set up an Inbound Route as below (use mock did and domain here):

XML:
<extension name="1234512345" continue="false" uuid="5c83a4ce-d59f-484d-92ad-85989ba8b994">
    <condition field="${sip_req_user}" expression="^\+?1?(1234512345)$">
        <action application="export" data="call_direction=inbound" inline="true"/>
        <action application="set" data="domain_uuid=f32d06cb-6d3a-4ecc-9254-1b932bd7afec" inline="true"/>
        <action application="set" data="domain_name=123.compute-1.amazonaws.com" inline="true"/>
        <action application="transfer" data="102 XML 123.compute-1.amazonaws.com"/>
    </condition>
</extension>

It works and will send the inbound call to 102 ext.

I built a Linphone windows client and signed in as 102 ext.

When the call comes in, the FromAddress and ToAddress are as below:

from.png

to.png

As you can see the FromAddress.DisplayName is the number calling in which is correct, but the ToAddress.DisplayName is null.

Do you know how I can pass a customized parameter to the softphone client? E.g. to_address_display_name=1234

P.S. I haven't traced the code in Linphone to parse the data from the SIP server, but I guess there should be some configuration to fill in these params?

Thanks and regards,
Johnny

mingus

Mar 23, 2018
Set the variable sip_h_X-My-Header, where X-My-Header is your variable, before the bridge or do the transfer. Do not exclude the X- prefix for your header name. On the client app, you'll need to parse the X-My-Header from the INVITE request.

Status
Not open for further replies.