How to schedule Call Broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemotyz09

Apr 23, 2020
I'm not sure if this is relevant but there's a dialplan for wakeup call that uses that is using the sched_api

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
Any more advices how to schedule call broadcast?
I know for cron option but that can't run cause of Auth.

whut

Dec 23, 2022
I think you will want to research sched_api and sched_broadcast. Also dissect the call broadcast code and the school bells code.

In the past I had used school bells to call am extension or a ring group. When an extension answers they would hear a recorded message. What exactly are you wanting to accomplish?

School bells uses a cron job that runs every minute of every hour of every day, so can you share more on your comment about "cron cannot run because of auth"?

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
I think you will want to research sched_api and sched_broadcast. Also dissect the call broadcast code and the school bells code.

In the past I had used school bells to call am extension or a ring group. When an extension answers they would hear a recorded message. What exactly are you wanting to accomplish?

School bells uses a cron job that runs every minute of every hour of every day, so can you share more on your comment about "cron cannot run because of auth"?
the final point is to have the option to set daily auto dialer (same as call broadcast) to few external numbers and when they answer, transfer to an IVR.
call broadcast answer the request but there is no option to schedule the call broadcast :(

whut

Dec 23, 2022
It looks like call broadcast is nearly there for your desired functionality. I would then dig through that code to build your own cli command to schedule the calls.

Mikeme

Apr 26, 2021
It looks like call broadcast is nearly there for your desired functionality. I would then dig through that code to build your own cli command to schedule the calls.
That great!! I appreciate your help

Status
Not open for further replies.