How would you tackle multi-tenanting with bridges to integrate an external system(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
I'm curious to know how you lot would go about tackling a scenario where you have an SBC (mainly for MS Teams purposes) that is sending you invites for multiple domains on a FusionPBX installation?

Single tenant, no issue. Set up a bridge to route Teams extensions to the SBC, inbound routes to the extensions for the invites from Teams via the SBC, and even a inbound route to send Teams calls that come in out of a gateway to a SIP trunk so FusionPBX is acting as a gateway for Teams avoiding the ludicrous prices of the Microsoft call bundles and keeping all the CDRs in one place, with call recording.

However I'm getting my head in a spin thinking about when you have multiple contexts, as you cannot have duplicates on the public context for inbound routes.

My idea was to create SIP profiles for each context, and configuring the SBC to send invites per Teams instance to different external port numbers and switching the context of that SIP Profile. I did have some minor issues with the calls never reaching extensions as they weren't local, and any attempts to add a destination just ended up with a looping redirect, however I'm sure I can kludge something together based on the source of the invite or something. Ideally I would like the Teams extensions to be almost indistinguishable from the FusionPBX extensions in regards to dialplan, so star codes still function.

I'm sure there's an elegant way to handle duplicate 'inbound' routes to extensions, but I'm just not seeing it. Am I right in thinking it's possible to change the context based on INVITE URI's domain, and then treat that call as if it were an extension for that context?

Any suggestions or random ideas welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.