Inbound call dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodie Wood

Apr 17, 2017
Hi, I would like to ask for help regarding our inbound call. We're setting up our new phone server, which runs on Debian10 and the latest FusionPBX, we already setup our sip gateway and extensions. So far the outbound call is in good status, however, when it comes to inbound, after 1 min., the call went off/drops (call still ongoing), after another minute, the call hangs up automatically. Thanks!

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
hmm.... and you are having the same issue with both? I was going to recommend checking RTP Broken Packages but that is not usually a problem with external providers. What do the logs say? Can you run a tcpdump on your FusionPBX? That can bring some additional information.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Sounds like you may be missing the ACK that follows the 200 OK. A tcpdump and examine with sngrep or Wireshark should prove it.

bdmonsey

Jul 23, 2019
I would log in to SSH an do a sngrep -c (put this DID here) and read the debug to see what happens with the call.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Yes, that should work. When in capture mode like that, have known sngrep crash on a busy server which is why I tend to capture with tcpdump and then examine with sngrep, but it's whatever works for you.

Unless I'm only specifically interested in SIP or want to keep the capture small, I tend to filter by IP address rather than port, that way I can see all the other packets that may relate to the conversation like RTP, STUN or ICMP. So I will capture with something like:
Code:
tcpdump -i any -w <capture-file-name> host <ip-of-trunc provider>

I can then download the file and look at it in Wireshark or look at it with sngrep on the server with:
Code:
sngrep -I <capture-file-name>

Status
Not open for further replies.