Inbound calls being marked as outbound in Call Detail Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

codemonkey76

May 14, 2020
I have a customer which has an inbound number which i currently am forwarding to an external number. Everytime they get an inbound call, I would epect a CDR for an inbound call and one for an outbound call, but there is only a CDR for an outbound call

agree

Aug 26, 2018
CDR by default shows only the Aleg of the call so you won't get 2 records in a call forward scenario. I agree that in the case of a call forward, it should be marked as an inbound call.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
The problem is the last action is the call going out an outbound route and that updates the call_direction to outbound. The call was both inbound and outbound. So I haven't thought of a good way to handle this as the call was really both.

agree

Aug 26, 2018
@markjcrane We can have an additional column in the database initial_direction that will be set as the initial call direction. We'll set initial_call_direction=inbound in the inbound route dialplan

hamagid

Dec 14, 2020
How about creating 2 rows, 1 for inbound and 1 for outbound?

This is how it's with ring groups and follow me.

agree

Aug 26, 2018
How about creating 2 rows, 1 for inbound and 1 for outbound?

This is how it's with ring groups and follow me.

Ring group and follow me will create two records only on loopback channels. One for the real aleg and another for the loopback-b leg. The loopback-b record gets saved because it is the aleg of the real bleg. This isn't the case by a regular call forward that only has one aleg.

Status
Not open for further replies.