Inbound calls - multiple extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcoutop

May 1, 2019
Hi everyone,

It might be a simple question but I haven't found any straight answer online.
Inbound calls work properly but I have only the option to land it to a single destination.

1576281890039.png
Inbound calls are transferred via action > transfer > 2527 to extension 2527.
What if I want to land it on extension 2528 for example (dynamically)? Is there a "generic" data string or any translation/manipulation mask I have to put to make it work?

Thank you!
Alan

Last edited:

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Docs.fusionpbx.com
Check out ring groups, call groups, call queue, follow me, forward on busy, etc.
All sorts of ways to route calls to multiple destinations

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
I feel like you might be interested in Regex capture groups.

1576461582055.png
When you use round brackets during in regex, that will form a "capture group" as you can see in point 1.
In that case, I am capturing the last three characters.

In the transfer below (or on any line you wish) you can reference the capture group with $N where N is the index of the capture.
If you have multiple round brackets, then you will have multiple captures like $1, $2, $3, $N.

In my example, all my ring groups are extension 6xxx where I have paired up the last three digits of the inbound number, to 6 + last three numbers, resulting in a transfer to 6$1 (as per point 2).
In this case, it is "dynamic" routing.

Hope I interpreted your question correctly.

Reactions: alcoutop

alcoutop

May 1, 2019
I feel like you might be interested in Regex capture groups.

View attachment 1186
When you use round brackets during in regex, that will form a "capture group" as you can see in point 1.
In that case, I am capturing the last three characters.

In the transfer below (or on any line you wish) you can reference the capture group with $N where N is the index of the capture.
If you have multiple round brackets, then you will have multiple captures like $1, $2, $3, $N.

In my example, all my ring groups are extension 6xxx where I have paired up the last three digits of the inbound number, to 6 + last three numbers, resulting in a transfer to 6$1 (as per point 2).
In this case, it is "dynamic" routing.

Hope I interpreted your question correctly.

@JamesBorne That is exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate your time and the very clear and informative explanation.
Thank you!!
Alan

Reactions: JamesBorne
Status
Not open for further replies.