SOLVED Info about ring groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

goose2600

Dec 18, 2018
Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to transfer an inbound call via the ring groups as soon as an extension (which is not connected at the moment the call starts) become available.

This is because I need to give to the mobile voip client the time to register after receiving a push notification for an incoming call.
I know I can use the delay function, but I would prefer to make the phone ringing as soon it is registered.

Thanks for your help!

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I'm not totally sure what your asking but it sounds like your push service isn't working properly. I don't see how Freeswitch would be able to tell a phone is "about to be registered"

I do know that when I use Groundwire by Acrobits with push service, ring groups work just fine to my softphone.

nktech1135

Dec 16, 2017
us
If i'm understanding your question correctly a call center queue would work better.
The call comes in and gets routed to the call center, the person that's supposed to be receiving the call gets a push notification by some unspecified means that there is a call waiting and registers the voip app. If the callcenter agent is logged in the phone should ring as soon as it's registered.

goose2600

Dec 18, 2018
@ad5ou I am not using a voip push servers (just receiving push notification via pushover and starting the voip client via tasker).

@nktech1135 You understood correctly. So looks like using a call center queue would be the best solution.

Thaks you for answering my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.