Installing older version on new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean1212

Jan 30, 2019
Hi,
I need to install 4.4.3 on a fresh install to test my backups and also do upgrades to newest release without touching the production machine.
When I git clone -b 4.4.3 it tells me there is no such release.
Did git clone -b 4.4 and it works. After install the web interface displays admin user edit page but nothing else.

Could someone please provide a info on how to specify branch for 4.4.3

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I cannot for the life of me understand what you are trying to do here, if you are restoring a backup, it doesn't matter what you are on, its going to get overwritten anyway.

If you want 4.4.3 you need to git clone the 4.4 branch and then do a git checkout of the 4.4.3 revision. You would need to go through the git commits to find out where you need to be as these don't seem to have been tagged.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
It is irresponsible to setup a system today that is running FusionPBX 4.4.3. There are security improvements that have been added that are critical. Hackers know about the vulnerabilities that have been fixed so you are putting yourself and your customers in Danger by not using the latest 4.4 or master branch. We are working to improve security we have been doing so for years. However we have increased our efforts on security near the end of last year. However with some recently reported issues we have increased that effort again. As our resources improve we will put in even more effort on security. End result of this work is security is getting better. Our defenses are getting stronger and stronger but you have to update to get access those improvements.

"If its not broke don't fix it" is dangerous attitude. Today's Internet is an amazing place with Billions of good people on it but its open to everyone including many hostile people and bots that are constantly looking for weaknesses. Today's internet require constant improvements to our defenses. Fail to upgrade is not safe.

Last edited:

Dean1212

Jan 30, 2019
I appreciate your concerns and must have known better. Now the challenge is to take the leap and upgrade to the latest without loosing the system. Thats why I would take the cautious route by setting up a test system of the same branch and upgrade. If something goes wrong, I did not lose the production system. If the test system is successful, i will proceed upgrading the live system and have fail-over if something goes wrong.

I will proceed to restore the 4.4 test system, test and upgrade.
Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.