INTERCOM PAGING FEATURE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
How do I intercom 3 extensions? In Freepbx there was a feature called paging or intercom. I don't see this in Fusion. I do see in the docs *8{ext} to page 1 ext How do I page the group?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I think he is referring to this:
paging.jpg
So you go into dialplan/dialplan manager and edit the one with name page.

You see a pin number there that you can change and the list of destinations with the example. Once changed, you can then page with *724

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
when i page i cant hear the person answering me they even tried picking up the phone but i dont hear them they can hear me

i am using cisco spa504g

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@MTR That is the idea, paging is a one way thing by design.

It can be modified, I believe to provide too way, look at the dialplan entry but then I guess the audio would be shared between the paging group maybe, ie not private.

Claudio

Jan 3, 2018
Your probably forgetting to change the "mute=true" option in the dial plan manager. By default its set to mute intercom page calls.

Claudio

pm0115

Jun 11, 2020
I have 4 extensions on FusionPbx and I want to setup intercom between these extensions (not paging), can someone help on how this can be achieved?

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
Go to DIAL PLAN > DIAL PLAN MANAGER>
Scroll down to PAGE

By default this will be false. Change to True

Click on PAGE and add your extensions to the DESTINATIONS

Delete the PIN and leave blank if you don't want to have to enter a pin every time you page

Set mute = false or else it will be a one way page. If you want one way page leave this alone

Now, anytime *724 is entered, it will page those destinations.

You can set up a BLF key to point to *724 for ease.

Xtc_Voip

Jul 28, 2021
Hello, is there a way to play something like a chime or tone similar to a PA system when *724 dialed and before the person speaks ?

I added this to the dial plan, but it only plays for the person dialing *724 .

action playback /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/devpbx1.XXXXX.XXX/chord-in-c.wav

Status
Not open for further replies.