Interconnecting 3CX with FreeSWITCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

geomat

Jul 26, 2019
www.linkedin.com
Hello,

I would like to connect 3CX with FreeSWITCH (FS) in order to route calls to/from the following directions:
1. 3CX -> FS -> SIP TRUNK
2. SIP TRUNK -> FS -> 3CX

The reason I want FS in the middle it is because I have some special features for processing CDRs and recordings which are not available in 3CX.

Is it a good idea to create a SIP extension on FS and then connect it to 3CX using a SIP trunk (e.g., to have FS as a provider) ? Am I going to have any issues with that solution ?

Thank you in advance,
George

alaamrim

Oct 8, 2021
Hello,

I would like to connect 3CX with FreeSWITCH (FS) in order to route calls to/from the following directions:
1. 3CX -> FS -> SIP TRUNK
2. SIP TRUNK -> FS -> 3CX

The reason I want FS in the middle it is because I have some special features for processing CDRs and recordings which are not available in 3CX.

Is it a good idea to create a SIP extension on FS and then connect it to 3CX using a SIP trunk (e.g., to have FS as a provider) ? Am I going to have any issues with that solution ?

Thank you in advance,
George
Hello,

I have the same setup you mentioned using SIP extension and auth via IP no username, its been working for a while now with no issues at all, DID's are on the FS (FusionPBX) and forwarded to that SIP extension and on the 3CX added a provider with the SIP trunk ID as that DID. it works perfectly fine, also for the CDR I can get them from either one of them.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: geomat

geomat

Jul 26, 2019
www.linkedin.com
Following the comment of @alaamrim I did the following:
  1. I created a SIP extension (1000) at domain x.com
  2. I edited the "domains" ACL entry and added the domain x.com with type=allow
  3. I edited the new extension and I set its CIDR field to 3CX's IP address (e.g., 2.2.2.2/32)
  4. I executed the following in fs_cli:
    1. memcache flush
    2. reloadxml
    3. reloadacl
  5. I added the 3CX's IP address in IPTables
  6. I created a Generic SIP trunk in 3CX with the following attributes:
    1. Registrar/Server/Gateway Hostname or IP = x.com
    2. Type of Authentication = Do not require - IP Based
    3. Authentication ID (aka SIP User ID) = 1000
    4. Main Trunk No = 1000
    5. Transport Protocol = UDP
I did some outbound calls and everything is working fine. @alaamrim did you do something similar in your case?
Also, what is the benefit of choosing IP authentication compared to SIP registration through UDP? Less SIP packets ?

Kind Regards,
George

Reactions: alaamrim

alaamrim

Oct 8, 2021
@geomat I am glad you got it all sorted out, my setup is almost identical to yours.

From security prospective locking it to only that IP you eliminate sources of attack as the server will only trust that IP. Another benefits that's I see with TCP over UDP is the acknowledgement and handshake of TCP protocol to ensure you are not loosing packets, back in the says we all used UDP because it's faster but now everyone almost have decent internet speed and big processors too. I hope that helps

Reactions: geomat
Status
Not open for further replies.