Invalid Username and/or Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
Well, this is odd. I was just using the FusionPBX interface yesterday, but today I cannot log in. I get the error message "Invalid Username and/or Password".

I made no conscious attempts at changing the password or username at all, and I cannot imagine why such a change could have occurred.

Does anyone know what might have happened or how to recover?

Thanks.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Maybe you are logging in with a different domain or IP address in your browser URL?

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
Yes, I thought of that too.

But it can't be since the URL displays the login screen.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
FusionPBX is a multi-tenant system that can be used for one company or several. So every user is assigned to a single domain name which for a new install is often the IP address used when the install was done. Key concept is every user is assigned to only one domain by default. The URL in the browser is helping determine which domain to look at when attempting to login.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
If the admin user is assigned to an IP address like 5.5.5.5 then I would have to login in with 5.5.5.5 if I tried to login with demo.fusionpbx.com it would be seen as trying to login to a different domain or tenant. So if my browser is using https://demo.fusionpbx.com and it resolved the the right server address but my user account is assigned to 5.5.5.5. I need a way to tell FusionPBX what domain to look in for the user account I want to login into.

The first way fusionpbx looks for the domain is based on the URL from the browser.
The second way it does this is similar to how email address does this. With email you have username@domain_name. So to login to 5.5.5.5 I could use a username like this... admin@5.5.5.5 which will tell FusionPBX to login to 5.5.5.5 domain.

If this is not enough then it may help to become a member and watch the Admin Training videos which are there to help people learn the FusionPBX.

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
That all may be true, but in my case it was simply https://192.168.1.21 and that always brought up the login. Always.

It still does. No other address brings up a login screen.

That one fact should point to the issue being the username and/or the password.

Therefore, I am back where I started.

Is there a way to edit those?

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
Okay, I was afraid of that. I think I will just start all over. (But darned if I can figure out what went wrong. I hope it doesn't keep me up at night or happen again.)

Status
Not open for further replies.