IOS - Flexisip - Apple Push Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Hello all,
I'm hoping someone can add some guidance here, I really want to get APN working for my IOS clients but find the documentation either over my head or quite vague. I'm now looking at Belledonne(Linphone's) flexisip push gateway, I've successfully installed a VM with debian and the flexisip software, but I'm unsure how to tie it into fusionpbx, perhaps it needs to reside directly on the fusionpbx box??

https://wiki.linphone.org/xwiki/wiki/public/view/Flexisip/Push Gateway/

My other option is https://github.com/sem32/freeswitch-ApplePushNotification

Has anyone here implemented either option? Any advice on the flexisip or ApplePushNotification module?
tx

zane

May 31, 2018
Hello all,
I'm hoping someone can add some guidance here, I really want to get APN working for my IOS clients but find the documentation either over my head or quite vague. I'm now looking at Belledonne(Linphone's) flexisip push gateway, I've successfully installed a VM with debian and the flexisip software, but I'm unsure how to tie it into fusionpbx, perhaps it needs to reside directly on the fusionpbx box??

https://wiki.linphone.org/xwiki/wiki/public/view/Flexisip/Push Gateway/

My other option is https://github.com/sem32/freeswitch-ApplePushNotification

Has anyone here implemented either option? Any advice on the flexisip or ApplePushNotification module?
tx

+1 I'm also interested in the best way to implement push with fusionpbx and Android/IOS.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
+1 I'm also interested in the best way to implement push with fusionpbx and Android/IOS.

I received a response from Belledonne, saying you dont need to configure the pbx, just set the flexisip push gateway as the outbound proxy within the mobile app...I use domain registrations on fusionpbx so use the outbound proxy to connect to my pbx hostname. Ive seen many posts from freeswitch admins saying they implemented a lua script to send the push while parking the call temporarily, but nothing discriptive enough to help out a noob.

zane

May 31, 2018
I received a response from Belledonne, saying you dont need to configure the pbx, just set the flexisip push gateway as the outbound proxy within the mobile app...I use domain registrations on fusionpbx so use the outbound proxy to connect to my pbx hostname. Ive seen many posts from freeswitch admins saying they implemented a lua script to send the push while parking the call temporarily, but nothing discriptive enough to help out a noob.

Thanks. Are you compiling your own client and setting the GCM ID in it?

Im looking into doing one of these for Android.
https://github.com/AccelerateNetworks/FreeSWITCH-push
https://www.zoiper.com/en/tutorials/push-notifications

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Im no developer, just run a small multi-tenant fusionpbx, using linphone as the mobile app.
Thought I was onto something with flexisip...but just seen their pricing, the push gateway was just a feature of their fuller offering, very expensive. Im also in talks with astpp, they include callkit in their paid for app...waiting to see if they can customize it so I can use it with fusionpbx, they mentioned they could implement it with both..

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Actually looks like I'm mistaken about the flexisip push gateway licensing, just waiting for clarification, the open source may in fact be free to use. If so then it would probably be the easiest way to get this working.
the actual response from linphone on how it works

"The configuration of where requests are directed to the backend server (freeswitch in your case) takes actually place to the softphone client, not in the flexisip configuration. The idea is that clients are configured to send the REGISTER to the flexisip server, and have an outbound route to the flexisip server. In Linphone configuration this is achieved by setting the "Proxy server" field to the flexisip host, and toggling "Outbound proxy" ON. The domain field must remain to be the SIP domain managed by freeswitch."

It would be nice to get as much help as possible here so our community can put a guide together for the non developers amongst us.

zane

May 31, 2018
Acrobits softphone client has a "SIPIS" GCM/FCM/APNS push server(i think) that works with their client out of the box with any SIP server so it seems (image). I did nothing at all to have their SIPIS server/agent register with mine and have not read the docs on how this works.
A down fall is the the client does costs money but the upside is you can use their SIPIS server or role your own for free.
My Acrobits testing thus far has been positive for Android but I'm still looking into using other GCM / FCM (Android) APNS (IOS) servers or solutions that are free opensource like Linphone.
Acrobits has been around for quite some time they do offer aproviders program (looks to be free) and white label. Their softphones are Groundwireand Softphone. I have no idea what the white label costs or effort would be.

Acrobits_SIPIS.jpg

Last edited:

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Thanks Zane, wow, I didn't know Acrobits existed, tested on my android and it works very well with push. This makes me want to get Flexisip working even more now, since linphone is free and includes g729...but at least I know I can use Acrobits without me needing to add anything to my own infrastructure. This weekend I will be configuring my already installed Flexisip gateway, I will also try provision my own sipis and test with the acrobits softphone.

zane

May 31, 2018
Thanks Zane, wow, I didn't know Acrobits existed, tested on my android and it works very well with push. This makes me want to get Flexisip working even more now, since linphone is free and includes g729...but at least I know I can use Acrobits without me needing to add anything to my own infrastructure. This weekend I will be configuring my already installed Flexisip gateway, I will also try provision my own sipis and test with the acrobits softphone.

I'm interested to hear your results.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Well, we'll have to wait and see, I built and prepped a Debian 9 server with nginx and SSL, went to install the sipis server and have now seen in the documentation that a username and password is needed to download their software, supplied by an Acrobits rep. I've emailed them asking for this, awaiting their reply(and possible cost?). Flexisip requires an apple developer login with developer enrolment which costs $99 pa, I have no problem with this but just thought I'd first try SIPIS, I'll enrol the flexisip tomorrow.

bazket

Jun 23, 2018

Actually this technology has flaw, because they store your SIP user + pass in their server. CMIIW.
Would like to hear also how you setup the Flexisip and if possible help to post quick start tutorial =)

mcbertin

Apr 24, 2021
I have been trying to do this for a couple of weeks now. I have tried various options including Flexisip, Lua script and Mizu push gateway and none has worked for me. Can anybody please post how they are able to achieve iOS push notification. I am using a forked linphone

tjfayaz

Apr 20, 2021
Hi did anyone get anywhere with this? Looking to use flexisip for IOS push with fusionPBX and our own custom linphone build. We have had it working on asterisk previously but now we moved to fusionpbx we cannot figure out how to implement this.

tjfayaz

Apr 20, 2021
OK I am going to reply to myself here! Got it almost working - flexisip is working, push is working from commandline. Got the fusionpbx to live update a db containing the push tokens :)

The only problem I have now is how to get this into the dialplan so that my push script is called. I also need a condition on there so it only does this if the extension is an IOS device (from agent string in sofia profile of the extension). My problem here is I come from an asterisk background and I am not very familiar with how the fusionpbx dialplans work yet.

Code:
<action application="set" data="result=${system(/opt/push ${destination_number}@${domain_name} ${outbound_caller_id_number} '${outbound_caller_id_name}') }"/>
<action application="sleep" data="2000"/>

Any ideas how I can insert this into my dialplan and also with the ios condition?

Last edited:

gppedag

Dec 1, 2021
Hi, Have you finally solved it? Could you give me some explanations on the implementation?

Status
Not open for further replies.