Is there a way to put a destination manually on call flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

agutierrez

May 8, 2021
Hi guys is there a way to set up a outbound destination on the destination box with out creating an extension and the forwarding it?
Thnaks.
1623715235396.png

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Not sure why you would want to do something like that but there is almost always a way.
If this is for a single number, I would just select a random “destination” from the drop down, then edit the newly created “inbound route” to create the proper bridge statement for whatever actual destination is desired.

The problem with this method is the call would never make it into your CDR’s since the call would remain in the public context.

An alternative way is to create a “bridge” entry in Applications>Bridges. This will allow for the CDR tracking and gives an easy to select option if needed elsewhere.

in practice most of the time where I have needed to route a DID back out to another external number, I just build a “dummy” extension to make it easier for others to follow what is happening, and to allow calls to follow the rest of dial plan.

riza

Oct 19, 2018
Does it work if you go into Dialplan > Destinations, then add a destination and set the Type to Outbound?

Enter the number you want to route to under Destination (including any outbound dialing prefix you use).

Once it's saved here you can select it under a Call Flow. Just be aware that the Caller ID on the outbound leg will be carried through from the incoming caller, so you may need to stamp over this in your dialplan / outbound route.

Reactions: bcmike
Status
Not open for further replies.