KVM cloud hosting limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

djacob

Oct 31, 2016
Bensalem PA , USA
Hey all,

how many registrations do you guys put on a what type systems in the cloud?

thinking of going cloud based and not manage my own bare metal. will split customers up but wondering what type of resourced systems everyone is using and how heavy they load them up.

anything you want to share will be helpful.

thanks
Dave

Sep 2, 2017
FusionPBX requires a lot less resources than you think. One of my implementations has a 2-node fail over cluster running - 1 node at vultr and the other at digital ocean. Each node has 2 cpu, 60gb ssd, and 4gb of ram. It is currently running 60 clients with just over 500 phones. The disk and CPU utilization are at about 15%. It's been up and running for about a year with no hiccups at all. Based on this, I won't start planning an upgrade until I'm approaching 1000 devices on this implementation.

djacob

Oct 31, 2016
Bensalem PA , USA
FusionPBX requires a lot less resources than you think. One of my implementations has a 2-node fail over cluster running - 1 node at vultr and the other at digital ocean. Each node has 2 cpu, 60gb ssd, and 4gb of ram. It is currently running 60 clients with just over 500 phones. The disk and CPU utilization are at about 15%. It's been up and running for about a year with no hiccups at all. Based on this, I won't start planning an upgrade until I'm approaching 1000 devices on this implementation.

are you doing alot of blfs keys on each phone?

what are you using for your failover also?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2017
are you doing alot of blfs keys on each phone?

what are you using for your failover also?

Thanks

@Jacob -- sorry for the delay getting back to you. Apparently I didn't get an email for activity in this thread for some reason.

Anyhow, I'm using about 10 BLF's per device, and I'm using a script that you can find here for failover. One VM is at vultr and the other at digital ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.