SOLVED LDAP Integration problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

crt0512

Aug 19, 2022
Switzerland
512mb.org
Greetings, Since LDAP is commonly used here I'm trying to integrate it into the FusionPBX web interface.

Now I have gotten partially there in terms of integrating it using an image I found on another forum :

ldap.jpg
After adding and configuring these default settings an end user is able to sign in using their common name, however they are not added to any group which leaves them with a panel that doesn't even allow you to sign out after signing in using your LDAP account. Something like this:
ksnip_20220824-091048.png

Now in the ideal case an LDAP user should just be added to the group "user" and then get an extension automatically assigned to them but for now just being able to to sign in using an LDAP account and being added to the group "user" would be enough.

If anyone has suggestions on how I would achieve this I'd be very thankful.

Sincerely Mika

Dast

Nov 11, 2019
Based on the following link, it appears the ldap user is assigned to the `user` group like you want, assuming that username doesn't already exist in fusionpbx.

To confirm this, create a "dump.php" in your fusion root directory (usually /var/www/fusionpbx/) with the following contents;
PHP:
<?PHP
session_start();
if (isset($_SESSION["username"]) && $_GET["pw"] === "pbxforums") {
        echo '<pre>' . var_export($_SESSION, true) . '</pre>';
}

Ensure it is owned by the webserver user;
Bash:
chown freeswitch:daemon dump.php

Then proceed to login to fusionpbx as the ldap user, then visit `http://your-fusionpbx.com/dump.php?pw=pbxforums` which will dump your session state, ctrl-f for "group_name" to see which group name is assigned to your current user.

Delete the dump.php file after you are done - it reveals sensitive data;
Bash:
rm dump.php

Reactions: crt0512

crt0512

Aug 19, 2022
Switzerland
512mb.org
Based on the following link, it appears the ldap user is assigned to the `user` group like you want, assuming that username doesn't already exist in fusionpbx.

To confirm this, create a "dump.php" in your fusion root directory (usually /var/www/fusionpbx/) with the following contents;
PHP:
<?PHP
session_start();
if (isset($_SESSION["username"]) && $_GET["pw"] === "pbxforums") {
        echo '<pre>' . var_export($_SESSION, true) . '</pre>';
}

Ensure it is owned by the webserver user;
Bash:
chown freeswitch:daemon dump.php

Then proceed to login to fusionpbx as the ldap user, then visit `http://your-fusionpbx.com/dump.php?pw=pbxforums` which will dump your session state, ctrl-f for "group_name" to see which group name is assigned to your current user.

Delete the dump.php file after you are done - it reveals sensitive data;
Bash:
rm dump.php
Thank you for your reply, I did as you said and it seems that LDAP users are being added to the group "public"
Which dumb.php showed me like this : "'group_name' => 'public',"
The public group obviously doesn't have any permissions which is why we end up with such results. However what I find to be strange is that when I look at the members of the group public I dont see the LDAP user.

Would you know what would cause this or how I would be able to change that?

Last edited:

Dast

Nov 11, 2019
When looking at that ldap.php file, it appears the user is assigned to a new group as per this line;
PHP:
$array['user_groups'][0]['user_group_uuid'] = uuid();

You could try replacing that line with;
PHP:
$array['user_groups'][0]['user_group_uuid'] = (!is_null($_SESSION["ldap"]["assign_group_uuid"]) && strlen($_SESSION["ldap"]["assign_group_uuid"]) > 0) ? $_SESSION["ldap"]["assign_group_uuid"] : uuid();

Then create a new variable under Advanced > Default Settings, like so;
1661760106044.png

The value should be the uuid of the group you want the user assigned to. Save, and Reload.

I haven't tested any of this, and future updates would overwrite these changes. Ideally you would submit a pull request once you have it working, so it won't break future updates for you.

crt0512

Aug 19, 2022
Switzerland
512mb.org
When looking at that ldap.php file, it appears the user is assigned to a new group as per this line;
PHP:
$array['user_groups'][0]['user_group_uuid'] = uuid();

You could try replacing that line with;
PHP:
$array['user_groups'][0]['user_group_uuid'] = (!is_null($_SESSION["ldap"]["assign_group_uuid"]) && strlen($_SESSION["ldap"]["assign_group_uuid"]) > 0) ? $_SESSION["ldap"]["assign_group_uuid"] : uuid();

Then create a new variable under Advanced > Default Settings, like so;
View attachment 3052

The value should be the uuid of the group you want the user assigned to. Save, and Reload.

I haven't tested any of this, and future updates would overwrite these changes. Ideally you would submit a pull request once you have it working, so it won't break future updates for you.
Okay I've tried replacing that line you told me to replace but LDAP users still dont seem to be added to the group users :(
I have restarted the whole server just in case it had something to do with that but still the same.

Code:
  'username' => 'fusion',
  'template_full_path' => '/var/www/fusionpbx/themes/default/template.php',
  'groups' =>
  array (
    0 =>
    array (
      'group_name' => 'public',
    ),
  ),

When looking at dumb,php I get this for the user

It seems to be ignoring the uuid I set (which I got by signing in as a regular user and copying the group UUID from it ('user_uuid' => '046112fb-c289-4521-baa9-024272d7d5f6',)
1661762489578.png
Any idea?

Dast

Nov 11, 2019
You can get the group uuid by going to Advanced > Group Manager > click the group you want, copy the uuid from the url

It will look something like this;
1661768876007.png

crt0512

Aug 19, 2022
Switzerland
512mb.org
Yep I see, but that group uuid is indeed the same as the one that dumb.php gave me :)
Just to make sure the Issue isnt related to my FusionPBX installation I also tried the same thing on the FusionPBX instance I have running at home but still same issue, user isn't being added to any group other than public

crt0512

Aug 19, 2022
Switzerland
512mb.org
Just to make sure the Issue isnt related to my FusionPBX installation I also tried the same thing on the FusionPBX instance I have running at home but still same issue, user isn't being added to any group other than public
I have just now tried the MSAD plugin as well however that one is showing the same problems as the normal LDAP plugin, could it be that LDAP integration was broken in some update of FusionPBX ?

crt0512

Aug 19, 2022
Switzerland
512mb.org
I have just now tried the MSAD plugin as well however that one is showing the same problems as the normal LDAP plugin, could it be that LDAP integration was broken in some update of FusionPBX ?
I FIGURED IT OUT !!!

in /var/www/fusionpbx/core/authentication/resources/classes/plugins/ldap.php

In section "//build user group insert array" add the following line
PHP:
$array['user_groups'][0]['group_uuid'] = 'your-group-uuid';

Dast

Nov 11, 2019
I FIGURED IT OUT !!!

in /var/www/fusionpbx/core/authentication/resources/classes/plugins/ldap.php

In section "//build user group insert array" add the following line
PHP:
$array['user_groups'][0]['group_uuid'] = 'your-group-uuid';

Glad you figured it out.
As you mentioned, "user_group_uuid" was the key we were looking for.
You can either hardcode your uuid in the ldap.php file, or set it up to use a config variable as the uuid as per one of my last posts.

Be sure to undo/remove any test/debug stuff you added along the way, including that dump.php file.

Status
Not open for further replies.