Let's Encrypt Installation - Tutorial from Docs not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyryko

Jul 12, 2017
Hello All,
I have been trying for the last few days to follow this:
http://fusionpbx-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started/lets_encrypt.html

I'm now on my 4th fresh install trying this and have spent hours troubleshooting.

The install of cerbot works fine, the "location" section is already in place in the ngnix config for fusion, accept only in the 443/ Secure part.

My domain is pointed correctly/DNS Propagated etc. But it always fails with a timeout while Fetching.

I think it's an issue with Fusion redirecting everything to HTTPS as Lets Encrypt looks for the files via HTTP and will fail if there is no cert, but it also appears that it is not created correctly is some way because I can't manually create a file in that location and browse to it.

If anyone has done a Let's Encrypt install recently the help would be appreciated or to point me in the right direction as this is not working properly or I'm completely over looking something

Also I am familiar with cerbot and Lets Encrypt and have it installed/running on my other servers and in general haven't had much of an issue, granted those are Apache, Java and IIS base apps, but still using certonly on a couple.

Jacky Wu

Aug 3, 2017
Applying let'sencrypt certificate is pretty straightforward. Once you get the certificate with certbot, you need to edit the nginx configuration file for fusionpbx (/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/fusionpbx) and update below lines to the correct path of your certificate and private key.

ssl_certificate /etc/ssl/certs/nginx.crt;
ssl_certificate_key /etc/ssl/private/nginx.key;

Status
Not open for further replies.