Line mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbz195

Feb 3, 2021
Dose anyone know how to setup line mode, using grandstream + fusionpbx.

What I'm looking for is able to:

- 1st call comes to line one (pickup and talking)
- 2nd call comes in but automatically go's to line 2 (on hold, until some answers)
- 3rd call comes in but automatically go's to line 3 (on hold, until some answers)

lines.png

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I've gone down the rabbit hole of using multiple methods of simulating "key system" lines. While it IS possible, it is also very cumbersome to program and limits many functions of both the phone and PBX capabilities.

As much as customers tend to resist change in functionality, the best solution is to teach users how to use "park" or "park and page".
The screenshot below is an example the default programming we use for Grandstream phones and most others. For businesses with "receptionists/operators" or designated persons to answer phones, we usually teach them to treat each "park" position as a "line" if they need to announce calls for others vs direct transfers.
ie: receptionist answers call and needs to send call to other person or persons or needs to check if they are available for call. receptionist places call in first available park slot. receptionist intercoms, calls, or pages intended target to announce call holding on corresponding park slot. "David, you wife is on park 1". David presses button for park 1 and completes call.

1675869073337.png

dbz195

Feb 3, 2021
Thanks for the feedback, i was thinking the same I do have few costumers using park function. and yes your right some old school customer never change or VERY difficult to get them on new technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.