Location of Provisioning .cfg files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Feb 14, 2017
Hello All,

Can some one point me to where the 00004f12e5698.cfg ($mac.cfg) file is stored on the server. I have configured a polycom 550 for autoprovisioning and would like to edit the cfg file but I can't locate it. Thanks for the help.

Ricky

simcard

Jan 22, 2017
One thing to note is that the files for 'per device' (i.e. your 00004f12e5698.cfg example) are generated from the DB. There is (at least in the case of the yealink's) a standard config file, then a template for the 'per device' config.

You can edit these files through the GUI: Advanced Menu -> Provision Editor. You'll find a list of the manufacturer (directories) on the left and files contained within those.

If you only want to change a setting on a single device, you'll need to make sure the configurable option is in the template, then edit the device in the GUI and add your settings for that device under the 'settings' area.

Ricky

Feb 14, 2017
Simcard

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to configure the reg.1.server.1.transport settings to DNSnaptr because the default setting in the config is TCPOnly. The TCPOnly settings prevent the handset from receiving inbound calls. Any Ideas, I have tried using reg.1.server.1.transport setting with a value of 3 with now luck maybe I am using the wrong setting?

Ricky

simcard

Jan 22, 2017
Hey Ricky,

We're not familiar with the polycom's unfortunately; Polycom may have an auto provisioning guide which might details all of the setting options and their allowable parameters.

We predominately use Yealink phones and they have a 200+ page guide detailing all of the options and their parameters; we found there are a few of the more advanced options in the Yealink guide that weren't in the templates so its worth seeing if you can get hold of an equivalent guide for the polycom phones you have.

If you can't polycom's guide online, it'd be worth speaking to their support to see what they have. It'll be well worth chasing down.

Ricky

Feb 14, 2017
Simcard,

Thanks for your reply.....I have searched the documentation online and I am still not sure how to get this to work correctly. What is baffling me is that I can make outbound calls but can't receive calls to that extension.

Ricky

Feb 14, 2017
Thanks Digi,

I have tried a couple of things with no luck I have also configure DNS SRV records. When I download the configs from the polycom device the settings reg.1.server.1.transport is always set to TCPOnly. This kills the receive calling. Once a change the config back to DNSnaptr it works just fine. I have tried what Simcard suggested and tried to find the settings that affect the reg.1.server.transport with no luck. So close but yet so far.... besides the yealink what other phone is easily provisioned. I have also tried Cisco but now luck either couldn't figure out where to put the username and password. Some simple documentation would be great. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.