Menu bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

reap.virtue

Mar 2, 2023
Hello i created a user with limited permissions and for some reason it doesn't have access to the menu bar is their a perrmission that i need to allow for that?

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
You're looking for Menu Manager. The default Menus are built around the few default user groups, so if you create a new user not a member of those groups, they won't have access to any of those pre-defined menus.

We have at least one custom user group and we had to create new menu items for that user group.

I asked a related question here: https://www.pbxforums.com/threads/best-practices-for-new-groups-and-menus-menu-copying.6803/ but got not replies. I want to both get new menus from updates, and have custom groups with limited permissions... it's one of my current conundrums. I just want to know what the current best practice is for it.

Our VERY limited user (customer faxing account) has a whole new 'parent' menu defined in the default menu and is protected. It's just going to be a LOT of work to copy most default menus to new parents for our limited technician group...

reap.virtue

Mar 2, 2023
You're looking for Menu Manager. The default Menus are built around the few default user groups, so if you create a new user not a member of those groups, they won't have access to any of those pre-defined menus.

We have at least one custom user group and we had to create new menu items for that user group.

I asked a related question here: https://www.pbxforums.com/threads/best-practices-for-new-groups-and-menus-menu-copying.6803/ but got not replies. I want to both get new menus from updates, and have custom groups with limited permissions... it's one of my current conundrums. I just want to know what the current best practice is for it.

Our VERY limited user (customer faxing account) has a whole new 'parent' menu defined in the default menu and is protected. It's just going to be a LOT of work to copy most default menus to new parents for our limited technician group...
That doesn’t answer my question

Lim00n

Jan 31, 2020
It does - you need to give the group with limited permissions access to certain parts of the menu in the Menu Manager, then they will be able to see the menu bar.

reap.virtue

Mar 2, 2023
It does - you need to give the group with limited permissions access to certain parts of the menu in the Menu Manager, then they will be able to see the menu bar.
Do you know what permissions they are because I can’t find it

Lim00n

Jan 31, 2020
Have you tried giving the group permission to access to Home, dashboard, logout in the menu manager? I think that should do it

Status
Not open for further replies.