MESSAGING

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGOODDAY

Aug 15, 2020
Hi guys.
Thanks to all you great folks for every support and assistance towards advancing fusion pbx.
I have observed a challenge.
I use PortSip Soft phone after trying much and it looks like it's almost the best option.
However, I have observed that whenever I'm not online, whether with PortSip or any other SoftPhone, any message sent in offline doesn't get to the phone whenever I'm online.
Is this a FusionPbx thing or there is a solution.
I will be grateful if anyone can help me.
Thanks

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
It's an inherent problem with SIP and Mobile Phones.

SIP = Requires constant registration, continually updating port and IP addresses to contact.
Mobile Phones = Go to sleep to preserve battery, can go for hours without enabling the network card.

To fix this, you need a service hosted on the internet that takes the SIP registrations and calls, etc and triggers a push notification to Google or Apple's push services. These push services wake up the phone, and when it's awoken the phone is now ready to take the call from the PBX.

This is the reason you will NEVER see a free of charge, or open source SIP application on a phone that is fully functional. Someone needs to host the push service application. You occasionally get some SIP apps that have their own push services for use, free of charge but they are often filled with adverts or restrictions unless you pay for their monthly service.

Status
Not open for further replies.