MicroSIP Softphone Not Registering

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Hello

Simple question...I hope!

I'm using a MicroSIP softphone that previously could register to my FusionPBX. Now it won't register. I've checked my other soft phones (Zoiper and another MicroSIP softphone) and they won't register either. Each work station can successfully ping the FusionPBX box. I've set the protocol on each phone to UDP, TCP & UDP + TCP. Regardless of what protocol I use the phone will not register.
- Each phone is set to register on port 5060.
- Under Advanced > Default Settings > Provision > line_sip_port = 5060 & line_sip_transport = tcp.
- Under Advance > Variables > SIP Profile: Internal > internal_sip_port = 5060

So I've made a change somewhere, but I don't have enough experience with the system to know where to look and I'm not sure how to look at the logs in real time to see what's going on.

Thanking you in advance for any help that can be provided.

falk

Feb 2, 2019
Hello

Simple question...I hope!

I'm using a MicroSIP softphone that previously could register to my FusionPBX. Now it won't register. I've checked my other soft phones (Zoiper and another MicroSIP softphone) and they won't register either. Each work station can successfully ping the FusionPBX box. I've set the protocol on each phone to UDP, TCP & UDP + TCP. Regardless of what protocol I use the phone will not register.
- Each phone is set to register on port 5060.
- Under Advanced > Default Settings > Provision > line_sip_port = 5060 & line_sip_transport = tcp.
- Under Advance > Variables > SIP Profile: Internal > internal_sip_port = 5060

So I've made a change somewhere, but I don't have enough experience with the system to know where to look and I'm not sure how to look at the logs in real time to see what's going on.

Thanking you in advance for any help that can b

falk

Feb 2, 2019
one option could be firewall
Check fail2ban possible that Linux block your ip

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Hello
I'm not familiar with working with "Fail2Ban". I don't see it in the GUI of FusionPBX. I've got my network (192.168.2.0/24) set to " Allow" in Advanced > Access Control

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Update - I rebooted the FusionPBX server (again) and now my phones can long in and call internally.

Thanks

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Fail2Ban - FusionPBX Documentation - You can ignore trusted IP addresses.

It's mainly used to keep internet accessible PBXs from being bruteforced by extensions and SIP passwords. It's a useful tool to know if you ever host anything online.

Reactions: falk
Status
Not open for further replies.