mod_skinny for FusionPBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Birch

Mar 16, 2017
I am looking at using Cisco 7942 SCCP phones with FusionPBX. I can see that FreeSwitch has a mod_skinny.so that is supposed to work with the phones, but I don't see that modules available with FusionPBX.

Is there a place to get other modules, or can I build them?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert Birch

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Try
Code:
apt-get install freeswitch-mod-skinny

After that you can get the module to autoload by adding it to modules.conf.xml

There is definitely nothing to handle it via the gui though that I am aware of.

Everyone I know of that uses the older Ciscos converts them to SIP.

Robert Birch

Mar 16, 2017
Haha. Don't I feel like an idiot. :)

Never even thought to check the repository. Was thing it would be done by compiling source.

I will download that and give it a shot. Thanks for the quick reponse.

I have tried using 7940/7960 with SIP firmware on a CudaTel device (runs FreeSwitch), but had problems with them dropping registrations and just not generally being reliable. Maybe they are different with Fusion.

Thanks for the help,
Bob

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
They are just crap with NAT to be honest. I have a 7960 on my desk, have had it for a good 5 years, love the speakerphone on it but I have had to port forward to handle it. I have a few 7940s in the field too.

Robert Birch

Mar 16, 2017
If the phones were behind a firewall and connecting to the FusionPBX in house, would they work fine as SIP phones? That would remove the NAT as the FusionPBX box would handle that. Or if I left them as SCCP. Reason is, I have a ton of 7940/7960 phones that I want to use as temporary phone system for a client, but I need to work well.

Thanks,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.