MOH Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennbtn

Aug 7, 2018
Seem to have an issue with music on hold with various versions of fusion especially my current version 4.5.28

I have created a new MOH category for a domain and uploaded the music. Added the this in each extension.

Extension to extension, outbound calls and inbound direct to an extension work fine. Inbound calls that come in to a ring group is where the issue is. All extensions in the group if they put a call on hold the end users gets the default guitar music and not the custom moh.

No error appear in the logs it just tells you it's playing the default stream. playback(local_stream://default)

Anyone got any ideas

Thanks

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
In your music on hold category do you have 8 kHz files (that are actually encoded at 8k)? Maybe your internals are a wideband codec but your inbounds are G711?

glennbtn

Aug 7, 2018
In your music on hold category do you have 8 kHz files (that are actually encoded at 8k)? Maybe your internals are a wideband codec but your inbounds are G711?
We have them uploaded as mp3's and use G7221@32000h,G7221@16000h,G722,PCMU,PCMA,GSM

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
I'd look at your logs and see if there's something in there about not being able to play the file. Fusion will revert back to default if it can't play the file and I'm thinking since you have so many codec options somethings getting confused when accepting a call from the outside.

We have a customer with a large ring group and custom MOH and it works, but we've limited our codec options to G711 and 8k wav files.

glennbtn

Aug 7, 2018
I'd look at your logs and see if there's something in there about not being able to play the file. Fusion will revert back to default if it can't play the file and I'm thinking since you have so many codec options somethings getting confused when accepting a call from the outside.

We have a customer with a large ring group and custom MOH and it works, but we've limited our codec options to G711 and 8k wav files.
Ok thanks. Nothing shows in the logs but guess I will created them a 8k and see what happens

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
I worked through a similar problem, there's usually something about "reverting to default" during the call. Or I could be leading you a on a wild goose chase LOL! However that was my issue.

glennbtn

Aug 7, 2018
I worked through a similar problem, there's usually something about "reverting to default" during the call. Or I could be leading you a on a wild goose chase LOL! However that was my issue.
Grepped the logs and no error I can find. Also changed the file to 8khz but still the same issue. Works on our really old server so Mr Mark must have changed something or busted it LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.