Move Recodings to a new install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
Ive had issues with an install we have been using for a while and have decided to create a fresh install and manully move our clients to it. Prior to switching the DNS so they point to the New install this weekend. I was wondering if it is possible to copy the call recordings from one domain to a the same domain on the new installation. i.e Customer A on the current pbx has 12 months worth of call recordings and I would like to move them to the New install for Customer A. I doubt that I can just copy them from one Fusin install to another or can I

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
If you copied over the database from old to new, all you should need to do is copy all of the files to the matching directory structure and set permissions.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
If you copied over the database from old to new, all you should need to do is copy all of the files to the matching directory structure and set permissions.
Didnt copy the databse wanted a fresh iinstall there was too many issues on the old one to be fair and could notfind waht was causing it so wanted a fresh install.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I'm pretty sure for standard recording files such as greetings etc, the system will find them on the file system as long as permissions allow access.
Safest bet is to reupload anything you need.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
I'm pretty sure for standard recording files such as greetings etc, the system will find them on the file system as long as permissions allow access.
Safest bet is to reupload anything you need.
:) witha years worth of call recordings I dont think i will be downloading them and reuploading them to be fair

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
ahh call recordings are a different animal. They need a reference in the database to know where the file is.

If the old switch database is still available, that table could be exported then imported into new database.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
ahh call recordings are a different animal. They need a reference in the database to know where the file is.

If the old switch database is still available, that table could be exported then imported into new database.
Thaat sounds intersting but may be a bit over my capabilities to be honest.

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020

just being lazy but am curious, Can i just copy all the collumns in the table (Please advise which table if not obvious), then past them into the table of the new server, then upload the contents from the old server to the new server and viola it will work? or will i need to reboot? im sure i could look all this up but am just curios if you can share here, TIA

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I'd have to check the database for exact entries, but it would require a SQL statement written to export and import v_call_recordings data and ideally the v_xml_cdr records since they contain the recording path also.

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
oh so i can't just use dbeaver and copy and paste, lmao. Not being a smart ass that legit was my plan lol

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I don't know dbeaver well enough to give an absolute answer, but I'd be willing to bet with the graphical interface it wouldn't be much harder than essentially copy/paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.