Moving the call Recording Location

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2017
Hi

I have attempted to move the call recirding location by using sym links but the issue is this just creates 2 recirdings and this still needs to happen to create a recording in the original location /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/archive so that i can listen to callr through the GUI.

Im trying achive a total moce of call recirdings to a mounted drive / folder @ root i have called "callr"

Can someone help with suggestions. Theres more to it then changing the path in default settings.

Regards

Andy

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Nah, you have done something wrong, no way it records to two locations.

May 16, 2017
lol ok so - I mounted a 500GB drive to mountpoint callr

I have added the uuid in fstab so reboot will auto mount the drive.

I have test unmount and mount - it works

I then used this to link the locations.

ln -s /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings /callr

No if i go to orginal folder the call recording is still showing and if i go into callr its also showing. Is this just the same place now after the sym link? or is it two different locations

May 16, 2017
This has done somthing weird if i cd into recordings theres another folder recordings in it and i think its created infinate recurring recirding folders

Also i cant see callr on cdrs now

1539703957118.png

May 16, 2017
if i umount it say not mounted but then i can get into recording folder and all that goes away and the call recordings come back in CDR's

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
@falk this is an old thread, but I have given a response that may help you.

Your create symbolic link statement does not look right to me.

I agree with DigitalDaz the simplest thing to do is mount your recordings storage on /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings. But you must do something with any data that is in the /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings directory first. For example, mount your recorings storage on a temporary mount point and then move your recordings data on to it. Then remount on /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings.

If you want to go down the symbolic link route here is an example:

Lets assume you have your recordings storage mounted on /callr and it is empty.

First move your recordings directory to callr...
Code:
mv /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings /callr/recordings

Now create the symbolic link...
Code:
ln -s /callr/recordings /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings

Now /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings will be on your new storage.

I hope this example helps.

Reactions: falk

falk

Feb 2, 2019
Hi Adrian

Thanks for the commend ;) I did it Deferent –
mount the new disk on :\storage\recording

change the recordings path on default\recordings to: \storage\recording

Then the 'PBX open new domain folder on the new disk: \storage\recording\domain.xxx.xx

I remain with problem: system move only upload ivr recordings to this dir the sip recording files go to the old path (don’t know why).

So I change in: Dial plan manager > user record >action > set > record path = \storage\recording--- just replaces the FIRST variable: all other remain.

And finely working!!!
The EXT SIP files go's to the new disk.

Thanks for helping

Hope we help others

Status
Not open for further replies.