MS teams integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
Hello,

I have a customer that would like to use MS teams. They currently have the licensing for teams, but I am not sure how to integrate phone services with them. They have a fusionpbx now with physical phones. They would like to continue to use the physical phones but also use teams as a soft client. They want phone services through teams is this an extra paid service through MS or how would this work?

Can someone point me in the right direction for this?

slazer2au

Feb 17, 2020
I set this up for a place i use to work in Australia.

You need a device, either an appliance or virtual called an SBC. I used Anynode.

You do a sip trunk from FusionPBX to Anynode then use the inbuilt wizard in Anynode to commect to teams, both MS and Anynode have the exact documentation.

On the teams side you need to use the Skype for Business powershell applet to configure each user with a DID and calling prefixes.

One major problem i found was you couldn't do simulations ringing in this setup. Because Teams need to be configured with the end users direct number I could never get my desk phone and Teams to ring on the call.
If you have the SBC between your SIP provider and your pbx then i suspect you could.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
Thank you. As far as cost. Do you know if Microsoft charges anything extra for the SIP trunking from the SBC to Teams? Or just by having a Teams license is enough?

slazer2au

Feb 17, 2020
From memory, it has been over a year, if you have the E5 or E7 license it is included otherwise you need to add a Teams Calling pack onto your current subscription.

There arent any additional costs for the calls themselves because you are providing the sip trunk via a SBC for teams to use.

I did forget to mention teams connects to your SBC with TLS so you will need a trusted certificate, MS has a list of trusted CA you can use but we used Let's Encrypt and renewed it every 80ish days and it didn't have an issue.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Just to update this a little, first you now can get the calling with an E1 license. Its an addon for them all, in the UK it costs £6.

With regard to the ring group thing, you do not need to assign the DID directly, I have teams extensions using three digit extension numbers.

As for the SBC, I build my own, it works just as well with any of the commercial ones.

We actually considering offering teams SBCs as a service. So we will have media servers very close to all MS media servers and will have pairs of SBCs for that region so you will have two for failover purposes.

Reactions: Jason Benedict
Status
Not open for further replies.