ms teams kamailio and opensips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
You work for Microsoft but you are not able to get access to a Microsoft-certified SBC?

One issue that has been a snag with the FreeSWITCH SBC solution for Teams is that it is not certified and Microsoft's documentation says they reserve the right to reject any support requests related to Direct Routing if you aren't using a certified SBC. That's a show-stopper for many serious companies.

I'm not saying it's completely useless to you but I don't understand the point of playing around with an open source SBC when your own company is saying it's not a supported method of connecting.

I can do a step-by-step if you guys are serious about a bounty.
I work for Microsoft not their vendors, so why would a vendor give me access to their SBC, there is no Microsoft SBC. Now they are working on getting us something for our labs but it is a big company and these types of arrangements take time to work out. Also I am just a TL, I am basically no one, I only mention it because I do have access to a tenant with basically any Microsoft license I would need to try to get this working and I have access to resources not available to the public that may get this working as well

Although you do make a very valid point... your solution isn't feasible because as Microsoft makes changes or mark makes changes to fusion it can break something and I will have no support for it big or small that is a show stopper for most because, I won't be able to confidently advertise to my customers knowing that.

I just wish I could find some cost effective solution to this cause it is a great idea to incorporate my PBX with teams... I think I saw AudioCodes has a new product that is $10-$15 /month for <10chanels or something and would do this but I guess I need to just do more research...

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
I will put together a doc on how i did it.

And also wouldnt complain if you gave me a a ms license :)
Ps dont need money happy to help. Give me a few days
so all my licenses are bound to my tenant. would you like me to give you a email account on my tenant and toss some license on it? if so I can do that no problem. I can't give you global admin rights though as I am running a Hybrid Configuration with a pretty complex setup and just don't trust anyone else in there but me as it took me a lot of work to build it... Although if you want to colab I can make the account for you, give you w.e. license you want and work with you via teams, email or phone to lab stuff out.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You work for Microsoft but you are not able to get access to a Microsoft-certified SBC?

One issue that has been a snag with the FreeSWITCH SBC solution for Teams is that it is not certified and Microsoft's documentation says they reserve the right to reject any support requests related to Direct Routing if you aren't using a certified SBC. That's a show-stopper for many serious companies.

I'm not saying it's completely useless to you but I don't understand the point of playing around with an open source SBC when your own company is saying it's not a supported method of connecting.

I can do a step-by-step if you guys are serious about a bounty.

This is one issue that has actually stopped me doing any serious work on it, the fact that MS will not support it.

I actually have a fairly good working version already that's like a standalone little VM.

I think the whole 'approved' thing is a little bit shady as when I was looking into how you need to get approved, it needs to meet certain criteria.

The criteria are NOT met by any of the cloud based solutions offered by the big guys but they are apparently now saying it is the company that is approved. ie, if they have a hardware SBC that does meet the criteria then they can have a software one that doesn't but still gets on the approved list.

I also think I could make one on a Pi4 that would be cool for in house and could probably meet all their criteria.

phonesimon

Apr 21, 2017
I think the whole 'approved' thing is a little bit shady as when I was looking into how you need to get approved, it needs to meet certain criteria.
Certainly it's shady; Microsoft needs to know that you are a "big company" that they would like to work with in the event that there is a support issue with your product. The way they know that is (in my opinion) 10% about the technical certification and 90% about the money and resources you are willing to put up to get the "certified" label. After all, their SIP spec is fully published and it's possible for us to implement it just fine. They are not hiding the technology at all.

andycol

Jun 18, 2020
This is one issue that has actually stopped me doing any serious work on it, the fact that MS will not support it.

I actually have a fairly good working version already that's like a standalone little VM.

The criteria are NOT met by any of the cloud based solutions offered by the big guys but they are apparently now saying it is the company that is approved. ie, if they have a hardware SBC that does meet the criteria then they can have a software one that doesn't but still gets on the approved list.

I also think I could make one on a Pi4 that would be cool for in house and could probably meet all their criteria.
interesting, someone i set it up for, they have contacted microsoft for a few issues we had and we got the support, they just wont help with kamailio(for obviious reasons) but looked at pcaps etc for us no problems

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
interesting, someone i set it up for, they have contacted microsoft for a few issues we had and we got the support, they just wont help with kamailio(for obviious reasons) but looked at pcaps etc for us no problems
That's good to know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.