Multi Registration issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbee

Apr 15, 2020
Florida
Hello All,

I have an issue when phone re-registers due to internet drop for a few seconds ( Comcast) and fusion show two registration in the system, when that happens ( before 1st registration expires ) ring group call will not ring on the phone.
my ring group setup Strategy = Enterprises
SIP Force Expires = 500
Phones are Fanvil and grandstrem

any solution to this issue?

Thanks in advanced

VoipGuys

Jan 23, 2020
Brisbane, AUS
Hi Glenn,
Those particular extensions are TCP.
Tried UDP but had more issues with that as that client is currently behind a 4G CG-NAT.
Was having all sorts of weird issues with UDP.
For example incorrect phones ringing when particular extensions were called.
I ran out of time to figure that one out.
Is there any way to tell fusion to forget the older registration when the new registration is successful?
Cheers.

glennbtn

Aug 7, 2018
Ah ok I see where your coming from as some stuff does not play nice with UDP.

Whilst I don't think you can get rid of the registration without killing it off you could try this but never tested this way.

In your sip profile find multiple-registrations and change to true and then give it a reboot. That may do the trick for you

Scuzz

Feb 7, 2019
Hi Glenn,
Those particular extensions are TCP.
Tried UDP but had more issues with that as that client is currently behind a 4G CG-NAT.
Was having all sorts of weird issues with UDP.
For example incorrect phones ringing when particular extensions were called.
I ran out of time to figure that one out.
Is there any way to tell fusion to forget the older registration when the new registration is successful?
Cheers.
MY phones will normally correct themselves after a rare internet outage once the registration expires, Also make sure that Sip ALG is disabled in your router because the issues your describing between TCP and UDP lead me to believe its enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.