Multi Registration Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoipGuys

Jan 23, 2020
Brisbane, AUS
Hi Guys,

I have a FusionPbx server running for a few groups of customers.
Is there a reason why when a user unplugs a phone to move it and then plugs it back in, Fusion starts a second registration and then breaks all inbound calls to that extension?

More Info: see picture attached. Notice extension 100. Disconnected Cable and reconnected it. Now 2 x 100's.

Cheers.
TIA.
1599475664855.png

Last edited:

agree

Aug 26, 2018
The reason for that is the old registrations didn't expire yet so they still persist till they expire if you have low registration expire time this shouldn't be an issue you can always turn off mutli-regstrations in sofia profiles

VoipGuys

Jan 23, 2020
Brisbane, AUS
The reason for that is the old registrations didn't expire yet so they still persist till they expire if you have low registration expire time this shouldn't be an issue you can always turn off mutli-regstrations in sofia profiles

Thanks Mate, the interesting thing is that multi-registrations is off.

1599610195711.png

agree

Aug 26, 2018
The reason for that is because freeswitch automatically turns on multiple-registrations if it doesn't exist in the profile and manage-shared-appearance has a value of true

Last edited:

VoipGuys

Jan 23, 2020
Brisbane, AUS
Screenshot_20200909_161355.png

Ok, so I now have disabled manage-shared-appearance.
They still persist.

See extension 100.
I unplugged the cable and plugged it back in.
Ping goes to max on old registration.

Yet it hold the old registration until timeout, even when there is a new registration that should override the old.

Any more ideas? I'm a bit lost now.

agree

Aug 26, 2018
did you reload your sip profile after disabling manage-shared-appearance?
You can also explicitly set multiple-registration to false to be sure it's disabled. enable it on fusion set the value to false.

Status
Not open for further replies.