Multi-Tenancy Domains/Namespaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

nktech1135

Dec 16, 2017
us
Nice points, nktech1135, so here's the answers:
  1. ISP's fiber gateway is assigned Dynamic address.
  2. Onsite
  3. I thought I had addressed that earlier. Yes, one can get a VPS with an IP address, but I fail to see how that helps with the idea of a PBX. The phones are here and the PBX would be on the server there. There is still the connectivity issue.
  4. Yes, I think I am going to try the .local address scheme. I have been looking at that and considering the configuration I will need to employ. I am definitely going to try the steps you suggest. They look like good common sense.
I must state that I am just learning the ins and outs of the Fusion system. Evidently I need to learn the basics on my own as to what to set where so as to get it working with my current VoIP/SIP provider. Once that is figured, I will test the system out. Wish me luck.
Having fusion on a vps completely elliminates the issues you have with your ISP's dynamic IP.
Consider the following.
A vps gives you a single IP, just for that machine.
Now if you have a domain you can make subdomains all pointing to that same IP with a records on whatever dns system the domain registrar uses.
Create the corresponding subdomains on fusionpbx.
Now if you go to sub1.domain.com in your browser it loads the fusionpbx login page. If you log in with an admin account you only see settings relating to that domain,
If you log in as superadmin you can see all domains but the only people that should have that login are vps adminns.
In addition, if you would go to sub2.domain.com and try to log in with the above mentioned admin credentials it would not let you log in, unless you entered username as admin@sub1.domain.com in which case it would log you into sub1.domain.com and not sub2.
This keeps all info relating to a domain separate from the other domains.
Now, on the phones side, again, you register with domain, and not IP. Fusionpbx will make sure the requests go to the correct place even if they all resolve to the same IP.
Also, since the phones are reaching out for the registrations, the connectivity issue goes away.
Now, there may be other considerations to keeping the system local, i don't know, but unless i had no other choice i'd go the vps route. Failing that i'd deploy a private dns server and set up the domain stuff there.

Status
Not open for further replies.