multi tenant auto provsioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8inpp

Jan 5, 2019
OK I've got it working for domains that have the same TLD but would also like to have for other TLD's that I dont have access to. For instance I can auto provision fusionpbx.cambodiapbx.com and fusionpbx2.cambodiapbx.com but when I try cgrates.org it tries to go to the actual cgrates.org domain to get the provisioning info.

I have tried configuring the yealink_provision_url in default settings, but that hasn't helped

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You can't really because it makes no sense, why do you have a domain cgrates.org in the first place?

dv8inpp

Jan 5, 2019
Thanks for the quick response.

Specifically for setting up cgrates billing system and not having to change the tutorial files to match my specific requirements.

As I understand it the use of a domain name as part of the user login name is to identify which tenant it is not an actual FQDN.

Which is why I can manually configure my phone to allow for the cgrates extensions to login. So if it can be done manually can it be done through auto provisioning. Are there specific uses where I would tell someone my sip phone number is ext@fqdn?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
No all your phones need ext@fqdn and it really needs to be resolvable unless you are using an outbound proxy. Changing the settings in cgrates is trivial but regardless, it looks like you are still off way down the wrong path here anyway. CGRates multitenancy just gives cgrates the ability for multiple tenants to use the same core setup but I have yet to see anyone use that.

Using a multitentant cgrates you effectivelly have to replicate EVERYTHING for each tenant.

You want to be using one tenant for cgrates eg your company and then each of your pbx tenants just has an account for your company.

And, further, irrespectve of all this, none of your enpoints need to have ANYTHING at all to do with the cgrates because cgr_tenant etc can all be set from variables within the dialplan. I can easily have 200@bloggs.com calls billed to cgr user:1111111 cgr_tenant cgrates.com.

dv8inpp

Jan 5, 2019
So if I could set the outbound proxy then I could have non-resovlable tenants?

Also thank for the update on cgrates, I thought it would be a matter of repitition. Nice to know it now.

I've tried to configure the outbound proxy but haven't had much luck yet.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
If you need to use the outbound proxy in fusionpbx, unless you are an advanced user, you are probably engineering yourself into a bad position.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Also, the outbound proxy will have nothing to do with provisioning. The domain in the provisioning url needs to match the domain in the sip server unless in provisioning you turn off the http domain filter in the provisioning settings. Doing this will weaken your security.

dv8inpp

Jan 5, 2019
OK thanks I'll stick with resolvable tenant ID's, I have tried turning off the http domain filter but it didn't seem to work

Status
Not open for further replies.