Multiple Music/Message on hold sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

MammerJammer

Oct 23, 2018
Is anyone aware of a way to schedule a recorded message to play periodically over your music on hold source? We have an external player that we can use to do this with legacy/on-premise PBX systems, but I'm wondering if this functionality exists in FusionPBX.

Yes, the simple answer is to record your production so that the music and voice-over are in the same WAV/MP3 track, then upload it and play it in a loop. The scenario we are trying to overcome here is that when you're using a dynamic live-streaming source for music on hold but still want you periodic "Your call is very important to us... while you're holding, here are our current promotions" voice-over to run. Has anyone encountered this?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
If you click the edit "pencil" on a MOH category there are options to add a "chime" audio file along with frequency to play it etc.

Adding in the chime message results in a heavier load on the server compared to playing a file with the messages already mixed in.

MammerJammer

Oct 23, 2018
If you click the edit "pencil" on a MOH category there are options to add a "chime" audio file along with frequency to play it etc.

Awesome, thank you. I found the chime file settings right where you said they would be. I looked up the chime file parameters in the FusionPBX docs to get some details on the settings. I just chose one of the pre-recorded wav files as a test, but it did not play successfully.

There are 4 groups, one for each sampling rate 8, 16, 32, and 48kHz. I don't know what the system uses by default and to which of these groups your chime settings need to be applied. Also, after you set the chime file, do you need to restart any modules or is the change immediate?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Sampling rate depends on the codec in use. Easy way to check is put a call on hold then look in status>active calls. it will show which local stream is playing.

Shouldn't need to restart anything after adding the chime

Status
Not open for further replies.