Music On Hold, Starts mid track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techd00d

Mar 1, 2017
As far as I can tell from the docs, by design, music on hold plays the stream in the background and simply attaches callers to it as they are put on hold, thus when they join the hold music stream, they are entering at whatever point the track is currently playing.

I understand this it is very efficient since it is only a single stream being played by the system (per MOH hold class of course).

The problem for some of our tenants is that they have specific hold music recorded that only makes sense when heard from start to finish of the track. Is there any way to accomplish this in a simple manner? Is there an option domain or system wide perhaps?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I think the reality, even if technically possible, the user experience is not good. You say yourself, "they have specific hold music recorded that only makes sense when heard from start to finish", so what if they are on hold just 10 seconds? The moh won't make sense etc.

Len

Mar 8, 2017
I believe that u can choose a recording instead of moh. Not sure if it will act differently though

Status
Not open for further replies.