Need guidance for an office incoming calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidjake28

Nov 30, 2017
I'm fairly new to fusion so I need some guidance with a particular office I just set up.

Let me give you some background info:

Real Estate office that has two receptionists. The office is using yealink handsets.

They may get four or five calls come in at once and if one receptionist is on the phone or busy the other would proceed to announce 'thank you for calling..can you hold please' and do that for all four calls. They would put these callers on hold (not park). The reason why they wouldn't put the person on park is because when they park a person and then unpark they don't get the caller id info which they want.
Now when the 'busy' receptionist gets off the phone they would like to be able to pickup the other calls that are on the other receptionists hold so that they can help with the load but obviously can't.

Currently I just have all incoming going to a ring group which the two receptionists are members of.

So to summarize the issue they have is:

1) If one person puts a call on hold the other can't pick it up BUT the caller ID is retained.
2) If one person parks the call the other person can pick it up BUT the caller ID is not retained.

Should I be using a queue call center or something different? Please help.

Basically they want either receptionist to place callers on hold and either one of them to be able to pick it up. OR as I said should they be doing it another way.

Last edited:

kidjake28

Nov 30, 2017
I've ran a few packet captures and this is my take (I could definitely be wrong):

When a call is parked, the yealink simply hold the calls and nothing is done at the fusion/freeswitch side. When its off of hold the yealink simply returns the call and displays call id.

When a call is parked the call in completed and fusion/freeswitch places the all in the parking lot. When a call is unparked fusion/freeswitch establishes a new call (sip session) and the call is switched to that phone but it seems that fusion/freeswitch doesn't pass caller id back from the 'unpark'. The yealkink actually display park+*5902 in a dialog box. Just not sure why call id is not being sent back.

I'm not sure about this but that's my guess.

dougs

Mar 1, 2018
The caller ID information shows up on Polycom VVX phones when unparking it. Valet Park doesn't work though so I have line keys setup as BLF(Automata) with park+*590x as the value for each park. Seems like this is a problem with the way Yealink is handling call parking. Maybe try setting the parking spots up as BLF and blind transfer to those.

kidjake28

Nov 30, 2017
Well if they show up on the Polycom's then I would agree that its something to do with the way Yealink is displaying it. I did actually set up line keys (Park 1, Park 2 etc) but like I said I don't get Call ID when unparking.

No really sure what you mean by " Maybe try setting the parking spots up as BLF and blind transfer to those."?

dougs

Mar 1, 2018
What is the value for the key? is it just *590x? I was able to somewhat recreate the issue when I picked up a call by dialing *590x but if I parked the call using one of the line keys set with the value "park+*590x" and I picked it up from another phone using that line key it properly displays the Caller ID.

This is what mine looks like.
1520522226745.png

kidjake28

Nov 30, 2017
No I have the keys defined as you do. If they park and unpark the call on the same handset it pops up the park code 'park+*5902' in the yealkink dialog box...not call id.

1520527922170.png

djzort

Feb 28, 2018
Sydney, Australia
bytefoundry.com.au
Although im not using Polycom, the SIP traces im getting show that its not returning a RPID or PID header with the original callers number.

From the Active Calls screen in FusionPBX, it seems that FreeSWITCH still knows what the callers number retrieved from park is.

So what im trying to do is add something to the dial plan that sets the PID or RPID header to let the phone know who they have pulled out of the parking.

rpid=Remote-Party-ID header
pid=P-Asserted-Identity header

djzort

Feb 28, 2018
Sydney, Australia
bytefoundry.com.au
Untitled.png

The section i added above is very very close. $callee_id_name is not the right variable. im struggling to find what variable holds the original caller number on the phone calling the park+*5901 to retrieve the park.

if i set it to some text, that text will show up on the phone retrieving the park.

So its just a matter of finding the number of the call thats parked - anyone got a hint?

Status
Not open for further replies.