Need help with P-Asserted-Identity header

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhizzyInternet

Apr 13, 2017
My upstream provider has introduced few changes how caller id is detected. since update my outbound calls have witheld caller id.

Caller id and privacy settings has to be displayed in P-Asserted-Identity:
Issue is when I set "Sip CID Type" field to "pid" header is changed but I need extra information there.
my header is P-Asserted-Identity: "Caller name" <sip:3511110000@10.0.1.252>
but I need it to be "P-Asserted-Identity: "Caller name" <sip:3511110000@10.0.1.252>;party=calling;screen=yes;privacy=off" otherwise caller id is not displayed to called party.

Can someone please guide towards right way to implement this?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
I believe that's an example of RPID, though I'm not that experienced with PAID trunks I don't believe they stick that stuff at the end for the privacy. I thought it went into it's own 'Privacy' headers.

You sure they're not looking for RPID instead now?

WhizzyInternet

Apr 13, 2017
I have got one step forward, and 2 steps backward. Upstream will accept RPID and PID. But found another issue.
If in my gateway advanced config Caller ID In From is set to false, I can make call but in request FROM: "Caller Name" <sip:FreeSWITCH@fusion_ip>;tag=8Hyt7Sg18Sa4e
If i set Caller ID In From to TRUE, from field is changed to From: "Caller name" <sip:112221121211@fusion_ip>;tag=8Hyt7Sg18Sa4e
Headers look in format Upstream is requesting, but call gets rejected SIP/2.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required
I am lost.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
You'll always get the Proxy Authentication Required for most trunks, it's asking for the nonce to verify the password. Does your PBX not send another INVITE and then receive and ACK and a Session in Progress (or similar)? You may wish to speak to the provider directly, especially if you believe the headers are in the format they have requested. Mostly they can be incredibly helpful if you are upfront with the captures and just asking for guidance on which part they are rejecting.

For what it's worth, I have never used the drop down 'Caller ID in From'. I usually just put the authentication username and domain into the fields near the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.