New Day new problem (Ring groups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
Hi

We did a setup a few months ago and its all been working well. Untill about three weeks ago (they have only just told us that there is a problem). The problem is that we had setup some of the phones to share ext. numbers hoping that they would both ring when that number gets a call. One a desk phone and on is a dect phone. To start with this worked. Now only the desk phone is working when the call is passed to the ring group. If I call on of the numbers directly then both the desk phone and the dect phone ring. However if I call the ring group then only the desk phone rings. I know I'm probaly just missing something simple here. Has anybody come across this before?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Set ring group to "enterprise" if extensions have multiple registrations.

An alternate way to solve the problem is set the dect phones to another extension number, add them to ring group and/or add a "follow me" on desk phone to include cordless.

Reactions: Andyd358

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
I ran into this same issue. The 2 things I did was

1) Same thing ad50u did. Set ring group strategy to Enterprise.

2) Ensure multiple registrations are set to "true" in the sip profile

I have noticed that some versions of fusionpbx allow it to work and others do not. That is just my observation.

Hope this helps

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Why didn't you just use the follow me app for this task, it would seem to me a much simpler and reliable solution?

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
Set ring group to "enterprise" if extensions have multiple registrations.

An alternate way to solve the problem is set the dect phones to another extension number, add them to ring group and/or add a "follow me" on desk phone to include cordless.
Thank you Ive just done that and its now working.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
If you haven't used the follow me app before, remember to include the extension itself in the list.

So for example if they are 200 and 201 and a cellphone thrown in too:

followme.png

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
If you haven't used the follow me app before, remember to include the extension itself in the list.

So for example if they are 200 and 201 and a cellphone thrown in too:

View attachment 1361
Thanks DAz i will remeber that for the future. On this occasion I have just set the strategey to enterprise and its worked. But i will bear this in mind in the future. Again thanks for you help.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
Follow me is a work around. Multiple Registrations should work. I have found this to be unstable, so the follow me would work as well. I just don't like accepting what should work not working and using work arounds.

Just my 2 cents from someone far less knowledgeable than most.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Multiple registrations has always been flakey but I think its flakey freeswitch side. Though using follow me may be a workaround, I have always considered it superior, if you like, for a couple of reasons. One it allows you to address the device directly, I have a dect phone but it presents my desk phone 601 as callerid but it can still be rang directly on 605. The second reason and maybe more important to us is I have found clients using multiple registrations to avoid paying for extensions.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
Your points are very valid. Yes, if you have clients that are somewhat savy they can do that. Good points Daz. Thank you

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I would actually be interested in a use case were follow me doesn't achieve what I want. Like now I'm thinking BLF etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.