New install outgoing issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbenwellp

May 19, 2019
Hello,

I've set myself up a FusionPBX instance in AWS I've had to do the auto nat fix as AWS gives the VPS a private IP but that seems to be working okay!

you have to forgive me I'm a good IT Tech but I'm new to phones systems im sure ill get the hang of it :)

So outbound wise im using NSN which they resell me a gamma trunk which seems to be acting very strange the caller id comes up as unknown unless I change "Caller ID In From" to true and then the caller id displays correctly for maybe a couple of tries then it shows the trunk phone number :/ this happens with both domains I have set up that use the same trunk

the PBX is used for my work number and another domain for my phone number

so all that was happening now to top that off outbound when I ring outbound on either domain it doesn't ring on the VoIP phone when dialling out acts like it still connecting but my mobile gets the incoming call if I answer it its completely dead and after 3 to 5 secs it puts the phone down and the VoIP phone times out then my mobile rings again when I haven't dialled it again im so confused pleaseeeeeeeeeee help :) I hope I make sense

Look forward to your reply Simon :)

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
My guess is your firewall rules.

Have a look at your Security Groups applied for this EC2.
Make sure you are allowing the whole Freeswitch RTP range. You can find this on the Freeswitch documentation for firewalls.

Maybe do a test call allowing 0.0.0.0/0 and all ports first.
If that works then it's definitely your rules.

sbenwellp

May 19, 2019
My guess is your firewall rules.

Have a look at your Security Groups applied for this EC2.
Make sure you are allowing the whole Freeswitch RTP range. You can find this on the Freeswitch documentation for firewalls.

Maybe do a test call allowing 0.0.0.0/0 and all ports first.
If that works then it's definitely your rules.
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.