No Inbound Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
I had great success configuring the PBX yesterday and today. I actually can receive a call inbound to my extension. That is wonderful.

However, what is surprising is that no calls come in. When calling in, the caller hears ringing, but no answer.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
For starters, a non contradicting statement would be nice. First you said you can receive an inbound call to your extension. Then you said no calls are coming in. Huh?

Fully explaining your problem in detail would be a good place to start here.

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
Correct, I meant to write that I can receive a call (on another phone number) from my PBX extension. In other words, it goes out just fine.

Thanks for pointing out the mistake.

What should be obvious to those who've watched DigitalDaz's good video is that he implies that basically inbound should be automatically working at the point where one is finished with his install routine. I can only assume that most experts here feel the same way.

My experience is opposite. Outbound works flawlessly, but inbound does not. I just find that odd.

mat1010

Jun 8, 2019
Germany
I just find that odd.
I might repeat myself here, but the information provided makes it hard for others to help you. You basically say "something is not working" without anything from your logs, network level traces or other parts of your configuration. I spent already too much time making wild guesses try to help you in other threads. Eventually someone else likes to take the effort and pulls his / her crystal ball out and starts brute-force debugging with you.

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
You don't have to do anything. I never was asking for a crystal ball. I guess it is hard for people to follow, but really it is quite simply.

If you agree with DigialDaz's position, then what sorts of reasons wouldn't that work right out of the box, so to speak? Very simple.

Please don't pretend to read my mind or even to need to. You don't. Just follow the line of thought. Contribute if you want. BTW, you really haven't spent much time making wild guesses.

By the way, you did the same thing on another post and then answered the question without realizing it. I pointed that out at the time. Just do a little spit-balling here. Try to be conversational rather than specific.

I made a simple statement of fact and just threw it out there so it might stimulate conversation. One might consider all sorts of thoughts about that simple statement. But let's still to the statement.

I do indeed find it odd based on my experience with the system. That's all.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Good luck.

Since joining this forum in 2017, there has only been one person that I have given up trying to help.

We are here to help and support each other. Mark put it very well in another recent post - "In person we would likely find it easy to be friends". No one want's to receive opinionated criticism when they have donated their valuable time in trying to help someone.

@mat1010 Thank you for your efforts in trying to help a fellow member.

Kind regards,
Adrian.

Reactions: mat1010

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
@Adrian Fretwell , quite right when you wrote: "No one want's to receive opinionated criticism when they have donated their valuable time in trying to help someone"

I find programmers everywhere so disconnected from the people who use their software that they make it almost impossible to create a wide user base. Without those of us who can interpret, it will not get better. We put in hundreds of hours trying to help them and all they can do is criticize.

We had this problem with Microsoft because of the high priesthood of programmers who wouldn't share the knowledge. And yet will still fight it in the FOSS community to this day.

Good luck, indeed, trying to help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.