No ping in registrations list

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
Just a bit of education really. Why do some UDP-NAT registered endpoints show 0.00 ping in the registrations page, and others show the ping fine?

From what I've gathered, it is something to do with the internal SIP profile settings for NAT need to be weakened for this to work better?

tjfayaz

Apr 20, 2021
Hi sorry I know this is an old thread, did you get to the bottom of your 0.00 pings? ALL registrations on my system show ping as 0.00 so I'd like to know what is required to get the ping display to work.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
You can force it at the profile level, but typically causes extra overhead that might not be needed profile wide.
If you want to monitor a few extensions, this can also be set at the extension level in the "advanced settings" of the extension edit page.
1655907285218.png

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
Hi @ad5ou very interesting, I have always enabled ping from extension. I did not know it can be achieved by the profile.

Can you point out, where do I enable this profile wide?
Also what is the optimum ping value mine is usually between 5-15 ... Is this considered good?

tjfayaz

Apr 20, 2021
You can force it at the profile level, but typically causes extra overhead that might not be needed profile wide.
If you want to monitor a few extensions, this can also be set at the extension level in the "advanced settings" of the extension edit page.
View attachment 2961
I did not notice this option thanks! However even with force ping true on the extension level the ping still shows as 0.00 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.